• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
aabsolute, if this is such a concern for you, where were you during the last year when all of this was being hashed out? I didn't see you at any of the meetings. Perhaps you wrote emails to the BCC, presenting your evidence as to why this should be approved. Is that the case?

If you want to have input in this gov't, it will go further if it is given prior to final decisions being made. So many people say they don't have time to get involved, and I respect that, but it is all about priorities. If it is important enough, you will show up.

Funny, I don't see your name on the list of those present at the Special Meeting where all of this was considered. Did I miss it somewhere in the session minutes? ;-)

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/administration/Minutes/Commission/20080922.doc

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Funny, I don't see your name on the list of those present at the Special Meeting where all of this was considered. Did I miss it somewhere in the session minutes? ;-)

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/administration/Minutes/Commission/20080922.doc

First, the recorded minutes and the actual transcript of the meeting are not the same. The minutes are somewhat abbreviated, and not verbatim statements. If you were at the meetings, and had read the minutes, you might know that.

Also, I never sign in for County Mtgs. It is not required, so please don't think you can know who is at the meetings, unless you actually attend the meetings.

The only so called list of attendees which I see in your link, are:
[FONT=&quot]"The following Board members were present: Commissioner Larry Jones, Chairman; Commissioner Sara Comander, Vice-Chair; Commissioner Scott Brannon; Commissioner Kenneth Pridgen; and Commissioner Cindy Meadows. Mr. Ronnie Bell, County Administrator and Mr. Mike Burke, County Attorney were also present."

[/FONT]

Creeklover

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2007
If they build this maybe the areas north of the bay will start to pay more county taxes and then the burden will be shared by people of north walton and people in South Walton will not be able to say that they provide XX of the county taxes.