• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

noplacelikehome

Beach Comber
Dec 18, 2008
South Walton
I heard 31 million. And heard the camp ground is suing cause the county commissioners didn't vote that property into the FLUM map in 2005 for that area which would have allowed them 4:1 ratio. In fact the cc's, I heard, took it out of the FLUM purposely. Then told them it was platted as one lot on 15 acres orignally and "tough" - it was going to stay that way - unless they wanted to go through a DO and subdivide. Property rights taking?

Dragnet

Beach Comber
Dec 25, 2008
31 MILLION DOLLAR Bert J . Harris lawsuit against Walton Co. and taxpayers haven't heard a word? Does the county have insurance to cover this? I sure hope so.
:trainwreck:

Last edited:

Dragnet

Beach Comber
Dec 25, 2008
31M is a lot of money we could use for schools and parks. What were the actions taken by the Walton Co. Planning Department, and the Walton County Board Of County Commissioners against Camping on the Gulf, that triggered a 31M Bert J. Harris takings claim? I see Theriaque, Vorbeck & Spain are the attorneys for Camping on the Gulf. These guys wouldn't take this case unless it has merit. :bang: