• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
A judge decides that Walton County Commisson violated its own zoning when it approved replacing Seagrove Villas with the Nature Walk Beach club
Thanks for the info!

Wouldn't it be grayt if someone just restored them to their original state. Keep them retro just like the airstream in seaside. A little retro is what makes so wal so grayt
I agree. But I imagine that the homeowners nearby would rather have single family dwellings there.

Thank goodness we didn't have to go that far to stop the proposed high-density development next to us. After many continuances and going back to the Planning Department, the BCC voted in favor of our neighborhood.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Wouldn't it be grayt if someone just restored them to their original state. Keep them retro just like the airstream in seaside. A little retro is what makes so wal so grayt

God, I have always thought that exact thought!! A total Grayton retro experience.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Thanks for the info!

I agree. But I imagine that the homeowners nearby would rather have single family dwellings there.

Thank goodness we didn't have to go that far to stop the proposed high-density development next to us. After many continuances and going back to the Planning Department, the BCC voted in favor of our neighborhood.

Our neighborhood is just starting the process of fighting a developer who wants to put condos, etc in our neighborhood of single family homes. Land he bought is platted for storm water run-off from surrounding area but is trying to get changes made. So far TRC has seemed to agree and is going to the Planning Comm. next. We may need a lawyer. Who rep. people at Seagrove Villas or your neighborhood?

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
We're drinking Tampagne over this Judge's ability to read and ADHERE to the Law. Thanks to those who helped the Cause! Justice isn't cheap or quick.
Remember those who can't do Teach, those that can't Teach...Govern.
And for our County CommiZars who new what they were doing while still claiming ignorance... Did the Naturewalk/Olsen Check bounce or were you all paid off in Lots?

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Both attorneys are named in the Daily News article. George Ralph Miller, a former Walton County attorney, represented Nature Walk. And Gary Vorbeck, also a former Walton County attorney, represented the neighborhood. :shock:
Where is this project you speak of? Hasn't anyone told the developer the condo market isn't so great these days? :roll:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I do remember Scott Brannon saying that the zoning was "unclear" and "vague" and that the vote was unanimous. I read the zoning myself, and a six-year old could have understood that it was means to grandfather in the commercial use for Seagrove Villas, and made it clear that if the existing buildings were torn down that any new construction should either fit the existing footprint or revert to the residential density of the surrounding property.

As to the bold.

This person ran unopposed in the last election. Where was the outrage then?

For full disclosure purposes I would just like to point out that I thought this proposed development was crap from the get go and the commissioner in question probably can't tie his own shoes.

Our neighborhood is just starting the process of fighting a developer who wants to put condos, etc in our neighborhood of single family homes. Land he bought is platted for storm water run-off from surrounding area but is trying to get changes made. So far TRC has seemed to agree and is going to the Planning Comm. next. We may need a lawyer. Who rep. people at Seagrove Villas or your neighborhood?
I'll PM you. Ironically Vorbeck represented the developer in our case.:dunno: