• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Who wants prayer in school you ask?? I think it would be safe to say that a significant number of people in Walton County would be in favor of it according to some of the posts on this thread.
The point is, as well made by many during this thread, not whether prayer should be allowed in school but whether it should be mandatory or publicly led. Succinctly, it should be allowed. It should not be forced or led. One caveat. It may be led with all participants agreeing to such. What is it some of you find so hard to understand regarding our Constitution and its amendments?

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Time and a place for everything, Andy. The Constutution and its amendments do not give kids the right to pray, talk or be armed at/during school.

Teacher: "Johnny, can you pls be quiet during class."

Student: "Miss Crabtree, what is it you find so hard to understand regarding our Constitution and its amendments?

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
The point is, as well made by many during this thread, not whether prayer should be allowed in school but whether it should be mandatory or publicly led. Succinctly, it should be allowed. It should not be forced or led. One caveat. It may be led with all participants agreeing to such. What is it some of you find so hard to understand regarding our Constitution and its amendments?

i know exactly what You're saying. And I'm saying that I think a significant number of Walton County residents would like to see a return to the so-called "good ole days" in which school prayer is mandatory.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Time and a place for everything, Andy. The Constutution and its amendments do not give kids the right to pray, talk or be armed at/during school.

Student: "Miss Crabtree, what is it you find so hard to understand regarding our Constitution and its amendments?
Obviously Johnny is smarter than some.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
i know exactly what You're saying. And I'm saying that I think a significant number of Walton County residents would like to see a return to the so-called "good ole days" in which school prayer is mandatory.

Which was exactly my point at the beginning of this thread. I don't think many folks realize that this board only represents a very small slice of Walton County residents and voters.

However, we have a lot of lurkers, usually hanging around to see which subject will lead to the next :trainwreck:

woodworker

Beach Lover
Jan 26, 2008
SRB

Are you sure about that?

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Are you sure about that?

Yes.

Send your kid to school with a gun and have him talk and pray during class. He will be sent home for disrupting class. You can then file suit. Eventually, after two or three judgements you might make it to the supreme court who will rule that by requiring your child to leave his firearm at home and not talk/pray during class, the teacher and school did not infinge about his constitutional rights.

Anyone else have a different opinion?

Last edited:

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
Which was exactly my point at the beginning of this thread. I don't think many folks realize that this board only represents a very small slice of Walton County residents and voters.

However, we have a lot of lurkers, usually hanging around to see which subject will lead to the next :trainwreck:

Oh I know, and I'm also saying it's not a good thing that they want mandatory prayer and it is cause for alarm. Apparently some people think that [their desire to impose] their god trumps not only constitutional rights but human decency and common courtesy as well simply because they feel the are in the majority. Shame on them!

Last edited: