• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

woodworker

Beach Lover
Jan 26, 2008
SRB
Really, well can you fathom the incredible amount of incremental change that occurs going from fertilized egg to full blown human, or are you going to deny the fact of human reproduction?

Nope!

You're the evolutionist, maybe you can explain it. Don't tell me my kid's a mutant, though. I don't think I'll be able to believe that!

(Maybe that's what's wrong with kids these days - they think their mutants!) :dunno:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
GW - your message is perfectly understood by me and most here, whether we agree or we don't. you write very well and with much respect to all. don't get discouraged. :wave:

thanks Tootsie. I am not discouraged...just curious -- sometimes feel as though I am writing in a language other than English, though, from some of the responses I get!:rotfl:

Thanks for your post.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
Nope!

You're the evolutionist, maybe you can explain it. Don't tell me my kid's a mutant, though. I don't think I'll be able to believe that!

(Maybe that's what's wrong with kids these days - they think their mutants!) :dunno:

Actually, the word mutate comes from a latin word meaning "to change", so indeed an astronomical number of mutations occur from the time an egg is fertilized until the time a baby is delivered. Is that really so hard to fathom? Let your kid explain it to you. He'll need to get a proper education first. In your family that would make him a mutant.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
thanks Tootsie. I am not discouraged...just curious -- sometimes feel as though I am writing in a language other than English, though, from some of the responses I get!:rotfl:

Thanks for your post.
YOU are not!..;-)

Actually, the word mutate comes from a latin word meaning "to change", so indeed an astronomical number of mutations occur from the time an egg is fertilized until the time a baby is delivered. Is that really so hard to fathom? Let your kid explain it to you. He'll need to get a proper education first. In your family that would make him a mutant.
images-4.jpg

woodworker

Beach Lover
Jan 26, 2008
SRB

Since we're on Latin - did you know the Latin meaning for the word "universe" is "single spoken sentence"?:dunno:

I don't want to give them any tips here, but if baby (fetus/embryo/whatever) cells are constantly mutating or changing, the pro abortion folks could really use that in their debates. I'm not saying you are pro abortion here, don't read me wrong!

Is there a difference between mutating and growing? Do trees and dogs mutate as they grow? Or does mutation stop in the womb? Sorry, it is getting hard to fathom!

And that last part was pretty funny!:lol: The "he's" a she, though. Maybe if my wife would have stood on her head and violently kicked her legs during the precise time of a specific mutation, we would've had a boy.:dunno:

woodworker

Beach Lover
Jan 26, 2008
SRB

Wait - I see what you're saying here!

You're saying the cells are mutating or changing. And here I'm thinking the cells are just dividing and thus, multiplying. Yeah, it's at an astronomical rate! So...when do the cells change?

Remember we're talking about a single cell here - of course their not all there at conception. Talk about stretch marks!

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
Wait - I see what you're saying here!

You're saying the cells are mutating or changing. And here I'm thinking the cells are just dividing and thus, multiplying. Yeah, it's at an astronomical rate! So...when do the cells change?

Remember we're talking about a single cell here - of course their not all there at conception. Talk about stretch marks!

Cells do change during cellular differentiation, though it's not due to changes in DNA sequence.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Since we're on Latin - did you know the Latin meaning for the word "universe" is "single spoken sentence"?:dunno:

I don't want to give them any tips here, but if baby (fetus/embryo/whatever) cells are constantly mutating or changing, the pro abortion folks could really use that in their debates. I'm not saying you are pro abortion here, don't read me wrong!

Is there a difference between mutating and growing? Do trees and dogs mutate as they grow? Or does mutation stop in the womb? Sorry, it is getting hard to fathom!

And that last part was pretty funny!:lol: The "he's" a she, though. Maybe if my wife would have stood on her head and violently kicked her legs during the precise time of a specific mutation, we would've had a boy.:dunno:

Congrats. In a thread about religion in schools you brought in:
  • evolution
  • communisim
  • abortion
You remind me of a guy I used to work with. Everyone else thought he was nonsensical but I knew that he was playing jedi mind tricks on all of us and probably went home every night laughing at us and how we thought he was for real...

WhoDat1

Beach Lover
Oct 23, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
  • evolution
  • communisim
  • abortion
You remind me of a guy I used to work with. Everyone else thought he was nonsensical but I knew that he was playing jedi mind tricks on all of us and probably went home every night laughing at us and how we thought he was for real...

You DON'T NEED to see our identification......these are'nt the droids you're looking for.....move along......
:D

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
  • evolution
  • communisim
  • abortion
/
I still think we're being revisited by SB. Or someone with a familial gene of the SB troll...:wacko: