• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Groovegirls

Beach Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
Kim, of the Walton Sun, told me that the ordinace was up for a vote soon so I called the county and here is what I know. On May 11 at the Courthouse Annex at 4:00 there will be a public meeting for the purpose of reviewing and commenting on the new Noise Ordinance before putting it to a BOARD vote. You will not have a vote so be there to make your opinion known before the vote. I am working on getting a copy today and anyone can get a copy from the Clerk's office. I will post if I can figure out how. I may have to email one of you to post it for us.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Just got off the phone with the Walton Sun. They will be calling some of you too. This is a great opportunity to be heard! Please take advantage of it!

You Rock and Roll! :clap:

Groovegirls

Beach Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
You Rock and Roll! :clap:

As much as I would like to take credit, they have been following this thread and found me in order to find some of you. Let's see what the new ordinance looks like. Hopefully this will be over. If not, CNN here we come.

Last edited:

weatabix

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2009
we will be there on the 11th.....Thanks to all who have posted on here and made their voices heard....Hopefully this won't happen again and we can continue to help make Walton County a great place!....Steve and Sue (Coconut Radio)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think this is long from over, because as I understand it, they were proposing adopting the Grayton Ordinance as the County-wide Ordinance because it worked so well.

My hope is that the County peeps read the numerous verdicts from higher Courts which state that the ordinance cannot be subjective, such as the one in Grayton. Google could be their friend.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I think this is long from over, because as I understand it, they were proposing adopting the Grayton Ordinance as the County-wide Ordinance because it worked so well.

My hope is that the County peeps read the numerous verdicts from higher Courts which state that the ordinance cannot be subjective, such as the one in Grayton. Google could be their friend.

Other than David Kramer, no one will more than likely even realize what is going on. Why? Because these laws are passed all the time and not enforced north of the bay. One day that will change, and when it does, you will see the law go away, I imagine.

slcooper1949

Beach Lover
Aug 27, 2007
Pandoras closing

so i buy my beach front home for a million or so dollars, in a residential area, with covenants and restrictions that say no commercial activity. And you think it is okay that the guy next door rents out his million or so dollar home, every weekend, thursday through sunday, from april until september for a wedding, with noise, music, and activities going on into all hours of the night, and i am the bad guy?

yep!!!! He has his rights just like you do!!!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL

Whos opinion is it that it is working so well. Certainly not most of the folks around here.

Just replaced the ink cartridges in my printer so they might just get copies of any rulings that I happen upon while visiting my buddy, Google.

Last edited: