• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

weatabix

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2009
we had to leave due to a prior commitment......what was the vote? I was so glad to see such a strong support for the music!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I know most of the people in the pictures were there to support music, but how about some pictures of the complainers?

Groovegirls

Beach Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
Any info from someone who was there would be appreciated.

It was a loonnng meeting covering many subjects. The turnout was wonderful overall and I was thrilled to see all the musicians and local music supporters. The issues with the wedding houses was covered fairly heavily and the general consensus seemed to be to seperate that issue from the noise ordinance since it covers many unrelated problems. Several people spoke and for the most part the issues raised were similar to the issues discussed here on Sowal. The actual vote did not take place tonight. There will be another meeting in Defuniak on June 23. The proposed ordinance although not perfect does take into accountant the comments previously made to the Board. Overall I feel like it went well and believe that if we stay engaged throughout the process we will get an ordinance that we all can live with. It may take a hundred lawyers to get the wording right but the will to get it done is there.

Groovegirls

Beach Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
Also channel seven news was there. Not sure if they were covering the bed tax issue or the noise ordinance though.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I know most of the people in the pictures were there to support music, but how about some pictures of the complainers?

Excellent question.