• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Just got off the phone with the paper. They are calling around to get info. We have their attention so lets put it to good use!

More news coverage is exactly what is needed. Once the Sandestin's and Cash Moore's (Freeport) etc. get wind of what is trying to be done here I think the entire thing will go away. There is no way they will allow something as vague as this ordinance once they realize that it could possibly interfere with their businesses that are allowed to serve and entertain until 2am.

Groovegirls

Beach Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
More news coverage is exactly what is needed. Once the Sandestin's and Cash Moore's (Freeport) etc. get wind of what is trying to be done here I think the entire thing will go away. There is no way they will allow something as vague as this ordinance once they realize that it could possibly interfere with their businesses that are allowed to serve and entertain until 2am.
SanDestin was heavily represented last night. Unfortuneatly they left after the Bed Tax increase was passsed.

weatabix

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2009
SanDestin was heavily represented last night. Unfortuneatly they left after the Bed Tax increase was passsed.

Actually, some of the heavy hitters from Sandestin stayed for the noise ordinance issue.....I know they are being affected as well by some of the residents at Baytowne and don't want more problems with the countywide issue coming into play......

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
Does anyone think it would do any good for someone like me to offer assistance to this situation. I have been a recording/technical/live sound engineer for over 30 years and am quite experienced in all forms of audio measurment. I am available to advise, measure, train or assist anyone who is willing to help both sides come to an agreement that we all can live with. I would be willing to do this all for free just to help settle the issue once and for all. Like SJ said in a earlier post, no law without a measurable, defined standard can be enforced or prosecuted.

My wife and I are musicians and would like to begin playing out in SoWal, but this situation is quite disturbing to me. Should I spend time rehearsing and hard earned money on gear to be shut down by complainers being appeased by the WCSO to simply get them to shut up and stop calling them. What is better for tourists to do at night than go out to listen to local music that employs hundreds and entertains thousands of us here in SoWal? Do we satisfy a handful of complainers and in the process eliminate millions of dollars from the local economy?

Does the saying "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" ring a bell?

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
I heard someone called rap music AFRICAN RAP MUSIC LOL

:lolabove: It just shows exactly how out of touch with reality some people actually are. Even an old man of 56, like me, knows Rap started in The Bronx in the early-mid '80s. They obviously don't know how to use "The Google".

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

The people I spoke to from Sandestin told me that they wanted the Grayton ordinance passed in their area because of the Baytowne music. Everyone wants to be able to sit out on the porch and enjoy the quiet all night long.

What we need is better shows on television to give people something to do, inside.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The people I spoke to from Sandestin told me that they wanted the Grayton ordinance passed in their area because of the Baytowne music. Everyone wants to be able to sit out on the porch and enjoy the quiet all night long.

What we need is better shows on television to give people something to do, inside.

The only shows that are going to get these people in side is Glen Miller Idol or the Shush Hour with Librarian Gertrude.

Email them this, it might distract them for a moment.

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: The Lawrence Welk Show@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/Ehx5rv4H2X8P37EooR3hWQ@@AMEPARAM@@Ehx5rv4H2X8P37EooR3hWQ

Last edited: