• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
I counted 6 big tents left on the beach tonight and 8 smaller umbrellas. I can't believe the county can allow this. This could start fights with first come first serve on public beaches. It means if others see this and can't get beach front seating due to other lazy people leaving there tents up for prime spots all will start doing it making it look like a trailor park. This is insane and the county must enforce the rules.I think we need to bombard the county with complaints.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
I counted 6 big tents left on the beach tonight and 8 smaller umbrellas. I can't believe the county can allow this. This could start fights with first come first serve on public beaches. It means if others see this and can't get beach front seating due to other lazy people leaving there tents up for prime spots all will start doing it making it look like a trailor park. This is insane and the county must enforce the rules.I think we need to bombard the county with complaints.

people have become so dang lazy. we have visited many beaches and NEVER left our belongings on the beach. when we were done for the day, we brought everything back up to our condo. seems like common sense to me but then again, there seems to be a lack of it these days. even if you don't care about the fate of sea turtles (i do!), you would think these people wouldn't want their items stolen. i do not believe in self help (cutting the tents, etc.) but i do think it would be nice for the county to find a way to enforce the ordinance.

Yzarctoo

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2009
If the county can't take care of the law that they passed on leaving things overnight...then contact some locals who care...give them a badge or something so they will not get sued...and let us do it....things removed could be sold at garage sales or could be shared with the local Resell stores....allowing this TRASH to be left on the beach is wrong...if the county can't or won't do their job....am sure there are some of us who love our beaches who would be willing to do it!!!!!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
The Blue Mountain Villas cam is now showing some crap left behind everyday. Red tent and various chairs. :angry:

snookerpie

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2009
Marietta, GA
As a visitor, I sympathize with the local beach gear (pl) (f) (bl) ight. It seems that when some people leave their cares behind on vacation they sometimes leave their common sense and consideration. I don't think most people intend to be jerks they just aren't thinking things through. I also have seen toys, tents, umbrellas and chairs left over night and blowing away. Aside from being hazard for beach walkers and animals it is mar on the natural beauty. I hope the local government can reach a consensus about what action to take. It's sad but true that without consequences I don't think the desired behavior will prevail.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Any rabble-rousers want to propose a county ordinance that would allow homeless people to camp out in tents left on the beach overnight? Yeah, I can rattle off ten different reasons why it's a really bad idea, but it would be interesting to see the reaction if people had to seriously consider that it would happen.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe the way to get the County to do something about this growing problem is for me to buy a crap load of tents and put them shoulder to shoulder down the entire stretch of beach, staking my claim of the beach. If someone wants to see the Gulf, they could purchase one of my front row spots on the beach. I bet that would get the County's attention.