• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
With bedtax collections being down by over 1/2 million dollars from last year - how are we going to continue this "clean up" without raising taxes once again.

June is going to be the telling month - June LY =2.3 million collected

Anyone willing to bet on June being up ?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Yes and yes. Remember we pay a guy $35 an hour to ride the bike path.

WHAT!!!! To oversimplify that is $70K a year!How do I get in on this gravy train?
And what does this person do? I could maybe understand if they picked up all the trash or issued tickets/fines, but I doubt that is the case!

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
WHAT!!!! To oversimplify that is $70K a year!How do I get in on this gravy train?
And what does this person do? I could maybe understand if they picked up all the trash or issued tickets/fines, but I doubt that is the case!

Scooter remember this when election time comes up. And ask any candidate for re-election if it is true rather or not we pay a guy $35 to be the multi use path consultant, and he rides the path on his bike, and reports to public works.

If any tell you it is not true, let me know and I will email you the contract. I have faxed a copy to each of them and all are aware. I have had one tell me it is cheaper than hiring somebody to do it, this guy is on an open ended contract.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Scooter remember this when election time comes up. And ask any candidate for re-election if it is true rather or not we pay a guy $35 to be the multi use path consultant, and he rides the path on his bike, and reports to public works.

If any tell you it is not true, let me know and I will email you the contract. I have faxed a copy to each of them and all are aware. I have had one tell me it is cheaper than hiring somebody to do it, this guy is on an open ended contract.

Have you sent a copy to the Taxpayers's Assn? What does the contract say he's supposed to "do?"

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Rides the path every day and reports problems, sprinklers, asphalt cracks to public works.

I vote we save the county some $$ and make it a volunteer/call-in service instead of a daily paid position.

With the amount of bikers we have on Sowal, it would be easy. Like a cycling suggestion box.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Could someone look back at post #151? I think it might be getting swallowed up lol!

Thank you

G
I believe it is a little badge that they issue to show you have paid your fee to use the beach.

Sort of like the plastic bracelet at bars to show you are of age or paid the cover.