• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I believe it is a little badge that they issue to show you have paid your fee to use the beach.

Sort of like the plastic bracelet at bars to show you are of age or paid the cover.

Thanks for the answer. So there is a fee to use the beach? Is it part of property tax? I haven't heard anything about this. :eek: So, does anyone have the info a new person moving to the area needs regarding this badge?

Thanks again
G

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Rides the path every day and reports problems, sprinklers, asphalt cracks to public works.

How does one contact this person or call an issue in to the county? The sidewalk two houses West of the Tom Thumb at Vizcaya literally has sprinklers on the North side of the road shooting water into the East bound lane at 6:30 in the morning. About 5 of them! :angry:
There is no way around it, you either take a shower or ride out into traffic. You have to roll windows up on a vehicle to pass this spot every morning. It would be nice to see those sprinkler heads adjusted.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Thanks for the answer. So there is a fee to use the beach? Is it part of property tax? I haven't heard anything about this. :eek: So, does anyone have the info a new person moving to the area needs regarding this badge?

Thanks again
G
No, that's how they do it out EAST by Mango - no badges in Sowal! :wave:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
How does one contact this person or call an issue in to the county? The sidewalk two houses West of the Tom Thumb at Vizcaya literally has sprinklers on the North side of the road shooting water into the East bound lane at 6:30 in the morning. About 5 of them! :angry:
There is no way around it, you either take a shower or ride out into traffic. You have to roll windows up on a vehicle to pass this spot every morning. It would be nice to see those sprinkler heads adjusted.

So if I tell you how to get up with this guy, you call him, he calls public works, then he bills the county $35/hr for his trouble. Why don't you just call public works or code enforcement and tell them and save us some bucks?

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
Have you sent a copy to the Taxpayers's Assn? What does the contract say he's supposed to "do?"

We were "tipped" to this issues about 10 days ago. We made a public records request and then scheduled a meeting with the Public Works Director. The Public Works Department is where the contract is funded.

When we reviewed the contract with the Director he told the WCTA that the contract was actually written in Human Resources. We asked for the scope of services document in the contract and he stated that the document did not exist. He also agreed that the contract was open ended, not-bid and no hourly rate was specified within the document. The contract began in March and the vendor has billed around $2000.00 per month.

He promised to look at the expenditure in light of the 8.2 million in cuts that must be made in the upcoming budget cycle.

If this contract was discussed during the Budget Scrubs, I missed it.

Contract Is Attached

View attachment 13461

Last edited:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach

Thanks again
G

Please re-read my post. I was talking about Long Beach Island, New Jersey, NOT SOWAL. In Jersey, you buy a badge for either a week or a day. You do not have to wear it, just present it if you are asked. Teenagers and college students walk the beaches daily to sell them. Lifeguards will also report large holes to superiors if warnings are not heeded.