• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

waterhound

Beach Comber
Mar 15, 2009
Dune Allen
A friend of mine and I were fish a huge bait ball in the bay and cought alot of reds and black drum until the action peaked the intrest of a 9' bull shark and then the fun was all over and the reality of being in a 12' john boat and the 9' bull shark set in. My point is do not go tubeing in the bay right now. All in all we had about 25 sharks swimming around us feeding like crazy.:shock:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Most of the time the big Bulls stay out in the gulf. Thanks for the heads up on them in the bay right now. Most of the ones I have seen in the bay have been smaller Black Tips.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Maybe the bait ball belongs to the sharks~~~~~~:blink:

Glad Y'all got out of there!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I saw a couple of small stingrays in the Bay two days ago - first ever for me. I hear the Intracoastal is full of sharks.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I saw a couple of small stingrays in the Bay two days ago - first ever for me. I hear the Intracoastal is full of sharks.

Interesting. But the time I did catch a shark, it was in the Intracoastal. Aren't stingrays in the shark family, too?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

What was the story we heard last night? A shark biting a kayak as 2 women were launching at Grayton? Supposedly happened Monday- does anyone know anything?

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009

Our dock is right near the edge of the Intracoastal and we caught small stingrays here last month. Fascinating to see! We see many alligators and dolphins, and have been told by passing boaters of shark sightings. A little nervewracking seeing kids fall off tubes and they're just lingering in the water "forever" while the boat swings back around.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Most of the time the big Bulls stay out in the gulf. Thanks for the heads up on them in the bay right now. Most of the ones I have seen in the bay have been smaller Black Tips.

The bull shark likes rivers......We have only seen black tip n the bay and intercoastal. It use to feel safe in the bay!:shark:

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
They've been Dredging the Channel on the Intracoastal going on two weeks now, I wonder if that has anything to do with the activity?