• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Does anyone remember when construction started on this home? This thread is over 4 years old and the exterior looked pretty far along back then. It has to be 7 or 8 years in the making.

According to the property appraisers website it was purchased in 1995 and I'm sure construction started shortly after that. Probably holds the record for longest construction project in Walton county.

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
We moved into our house in July 2000. Construction on the Hilton house stared before we began to build.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Charlie's house is located in Seacrest, NOT Seacrest Beach. Seacrest Beach is the development across from Highpoint that is predominantly a short term rental resort. I live in Seacrest not far from the Hilton home. Unfortunately when the county came through with those big blue signs and "branded" all the neighborhoods with the word Beach, that only compounded the confusion. I am sure Charlie would not want you to confuse his neighborhood either.

Last edited:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Charlie's house is located in Seacrest, NOT Seacrest Beach. Seacrest Beach is the development across from Highpoint that is predominantly a short term rental resort. I live in Seacrest not far from the Hilton home. Unfortunately when the county came through with those big blue signs and "branded" all the neighborhoods with the word Beach, that only compounded the confusion. I am sure Charlie would not want you to confuse his neighborhood either.

I actually remain confused about this. Are High Pointe, Paradise By the Sea (Charlie's neighborhood) and Seacrest Beach North part of the traditional Seacrest? If so, how can that be if Alys Beach is in the middle? This is my only beef with Alys Beach. :lol:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
HighPoint, Paradise By The Sea and the resort of Seacrest Beach are all located in the town of Seacrest. To confuse you even more, the mailing address for each of the above locations is Panama City Beach because that is where the Post Office is located. However, not one of those developments is in Bay County so go figure. Seaside is not in Seaside, Florida, either. It is located in Santa Rosa Beach. I have owned property here since 1993 but it gets more confusing with time. However, the issue really got confused when Seacrest Beach was developed. It also didn't help when the County "branded" all these communities with the word Beach at the end of the name when they put up those big blue signs. Seacrest is my neighborhood but people are always trying to change the name.

HighPoint, Paradise By The Sea and the resort of Seacrest Beach are all located in the town of Seacrest. To confuse you even more, the mailing address for each of the above locations is Panama City Beach because that is where the Post Office is located. However, not one of those developments is in Bay County so go figure. Seaside is not in Seaside, Florida, either. It is located in Santa Rosa Beach. I have owned property here since 1993 but it gets more confusing with time. However, the issue really got confused when Seacrest Beach was developed. It also didn't help when the County "branded" all these communities with the word Beach at the end of the name when they put up those big blue signs. Seacrest is my neighborhood but people are always trying to change the name.
It's all so confusing. Another confusing thing is that Santa Rosa Beach is not in Santa Rosa County. Once during a storm watch, Weather Channel, et. al., got them confused.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
If the County hadn't taken down Dave Rauschkolb's original wooden sign that said, "Welcome to Seacrest", we would all be less confused. But no, the County had to get rid of that and put one of those big blue monsters up and now that is gone and no one knows where we are now!