• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Aug 24, 2009
Transferring to Santa Rosa Beach and I currently homeschool. We have a site (classroom setting) where the kids take "traditional style" classes 2 days a week from 9:00am-2:30pm but we do the rest of our homeschooling at home. We are looking for something similar to what we are currently doing because the kids really like the socialization aspect of seeing the same kids every week. Does anyone know of anything similar to what I have mentioned in the Santa Rosa Beach Area? Or some other type of homeschooling that involves weekly class time?

Thanks for any helpful info!

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Transferring to Santa Rosa Beach and I currently homeschool. We have a site (classroom setting) where the kids take "traditional style" classes 2 days a week from 9:00am-2:30pm but we do the rest of our homeschooling at home. We are looking for something similar to what we are currently doing because the kids really like the socialization aspect of seeing the same kids every week. Does anyone know of anything similar to what I have mentioned in the Santa Rosa Beach Area? Or some other type of homeschooling that involves weekly class time?

:welcome: I'm interested to see the responses to your questions, if any. Good luck!

snowman

Beach Lover
Apr 1, 2008

i know of 1 group that meets once a week that involves a class room setting .....also i know of a couple of groups that meet up once a week just to socialize with other homeschoolers. i will pm you with the contact info...

welcome to the area:D

SurfFamily

Beach Comber
Apr 16, 2007
Ozarks, Arkansas
There is Compass Rose Academy, you can do either full admissions, 5 days, or they have a homeschool program, 2-3 days. I would contact them about more info.
If that doesn't work for you, there are several homeschool families in our area for the socialization you might want for your child/children.
I have recently started a group here in South Walton: South Walton Homeschoolers
If you would like to know more about us you can PM me.
We just had our first meeting last week

RbSoWal

Beach Comber
Aug 29, 2009
Rosmemary Beach
there is something in rosemary beach there is something called the Oh institute where kids high school and middle school go do school online.