• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Forget the 9am deadline. Get the picks in by kickoff today or 1st game Saturday.

Kitty made us do it.

Forget the 9am deadline. Get the picks in by kickoff today or 1st game Saturday.

Kitty made us do it.
I disagree. I'm okay with getting picks in by kickoff for Thursday and Friday games.

But for Saturday games someone has a distinct advantage if they can watch ESPN SportsCenter on Saturday AM at 8 AM Central/9 AM Eastern. S/he could just forfeit the Thursday game and wait for the latest predictions from the three talking heads.

Therefore, I think the rules should be amended as follows:

Rules for the 2009 SoWal Pick'em

1. The games for each week's SoWal Pick'em will be posted on or before Monday evenings.
2. The deadlines for posting during the regular season are kickoff time for Thursday or Friday games and 8 AM Central Time for Saturday games.
3. Anyone who misses a deadline (as defined in #2 above) will forfeit all games to be played or that have been played on that day, as well as all games played on previous days that week.
4. Once a person posts his/her picks, changes must be made in a new post to include all games, rather than by editing an earlier post, under the same deadline rules as in #2.
5. Each correct pick earns one point.
6. The winner of the SoWal Pick?em will be the person who has the most points, not the highest percentage of correct picks.
7. Bonus questions may be included later in the season in case a tie-breaker is needed. The points from these questions will not be added to a picker?s total points for the season.
8. Leaders for each week, for the regular season, and for the bowl games will be recognized. However, the winner of the SoWal Pick?em will be the person with the most wins for the season, including bowl games.

Whaddayathink, cnestg8r?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Thursday September 10
Clemson @ Georgia Tech

Saturday September 12
W. Michigan @ Indiana
Stanford @ Wake Forest
Duke @ Army
North Carolina @ Connecticut
TCU @ Virginia
Notre Dame @ Michigan
UCLA @ Tennessee
Ohio @ North Texas
Bowling Green @ Missouri
Mississippi St. @ Auburn
Vanderbilt @ LSU
South Carolina @ Georgia
USC @ Ohio St.
Purdue @ Oregon

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
I disagree. I'm okay with getting picks in by kickoff for Thursday and Friday games.

But for Saturday games someone has a distinct advantage if they can watch ESPN SportsCenter on Saturday AM at 8 AM Central/9 AM Eastern. S/he could just forfeit the Thursday game and wait for the latest predictions from the three talking heads.

Therefore, I think the rules should be amended as follows:

Rules for the 2009 SoWal Pick'em

1. The games for each week's SoWal Pick'em will be posted on or before Monday evenings.
2. The deadlines for posting during the regular season are kickoff time for Thursday or Friday games and 8 AM Central Time for Saturday games.
3. Anyone who misses a deadline (as defined in #2 above) will forfeit all games to be played or that have been played on that day, as well as all games played on previous days that week.
4. Once a person posts his/her picks, changes must be made in a new post to include all games, rather than by editing an earlier post, under the same deadline rules as in #2.
5. Each correct pick earns one point.
6. The winner of the SoWal Pick’em will be the person who has the most points, not the highest percentage of correct picks.
7. Bonus questions may be included later in the season in case a tie-breaker is needed. The points from these questions will not be added to a picker’s total points for the season.
8. Leaders for each week, for the regular season, and for the bowl games will be recognized. However, the winner of the SoWal Pick’em will be the person with the most wins for the season, including bowl games.

Whaddayathink, cnestg8r?

In her normally thorough characteristic, BR's response is the right on target. I agree with her plan.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
WEEK II SCHEDULE

Thursday September 10
Clemson @ Georgia Tech

Saturday September 12

W. Michigan @ Indiana
Stanford @ Wake Forest
Duke @ Army
North Carolina @ Connecticut
TCU @ Virginia