• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
I agree. Sorry for the typo. With over 300 records per week, it is possible to error. Thanks for catching it. It also increases your total wins. I will repost soon.

Last edited:
Via PM it has been pointed out to us that cnestg8r and I changed the rules midstream starting with post #4280 by changing the Thursday deadline from 9 AM Central on Thursday to kickoff time.

Upon official review, we realize that we made a mistake.

It is not fair that most people got their posts in by the deadline, thus having to set aside the time to research their picks when they could have been doing something else due to the extended deadline, when others didn't set aside the time to meet the deadline.

On the other hand, it is not fair that several people submitted their picks in good faith, based on the extension granted in post #4280, and then make them forfeit Thursday's game.

In the spirit of Skunky's original intent for the pick'em, i.e., that it be a friendly game, our "official" ruling is that those posting on Thursday 9/10/09 after 9 AM Central but prior to kickoff on that date (this includes Skunky :rotfl:) will not have to forfeit Thursday's game.

Sorry for the mistake. If we see a need to change a rule in the future, it will apply to the next week. We reserve the right to make friendly exceptions, such as last year when a picker was without power for days due to a hurricane.

The rules for Week III are in post #4295.

Last edited:

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Final results for week 2. Now we are in the meat of the season.

cnestg8r-albums-sowal-ncaab-2009-picture5027-wk2-2009-sowal.png

TFT: Bet you planned on a relaxing Saturday afternoon until UF had to punt on the first two possessions, right?:eek:
Miss Kitty: I'll ask again, who is your bookie?:dunno:Mizzou -- looking good!
Fulmer4Senate and Lady D: I know you're sorry about the UT loss. I just hope they don't learn from their mistakes in prep for next Saturday's game.;-)
BeachSiO2: YIKES! You almost got your pick correct Thursday night.
JC: Congrats on the 12 correct picks.:clap:
cnestg8r: Glad I didn't use your picks as a cheat sheet. :eek:
OL: Sorry about OSU. The talking heads on ESPN GameDay must have jinxed them (re the spot about do they have the desire to win?).
Skunky: Stanford over Wake? Too bad about the 4th quarter.
Smiley J: Your picking system was second to worst. OOPS! :D

Last edited:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
TFT: Bet you planned on a relaxing Saturday afternoon until UF had to punt on the first two possessions, right?:eek:

Hah, I totally missed it! I think I was playing tea set with Katiefunn for a few minutes before putting her down for a nap. But! I am proud because I watched more college football yesterday in one day than I have in three years!! The key is apparently to stop having babies! Now if I could get the last one out of diapers I will be back in the game. :clap:

Thanks for all you do! :clap:

Congrats to those who got 12 wins last week! I really thought hard about picking UCLA but didn't. :love: UCLA.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Miss Kitty: I'll ask again, who is your bookie?:dunno:Mizzou -- looking good!
Fulmer4Senate and Lady D: I know you're sorry about the UT loss. I just hope they don't learn from their mistakes in prep for next Saturday's game.;-)
BeachSiO2: YIKES! You almost got your pick correct Thursday night.
JC: Congrats on the 12 correct picks.:clap:
cnestg8r: Glad I didn't use your picks as a cheat sheet. :eek:
OL: Sorry about OSU. The talking heads on ESPN GameDay must have jinxed them (re the spot about do they have the desire to win?).
Skunky: Stanford over Wake? Too bad about the 4th quarter.
Smiley J: Your picking system was second to worst. OOPS! :D

I'm sorry too BR. They played very sorry. Reverting back to last year. Don't worry about them learning from their mistakes in time for the stomping by Florida. It won't happen. :lol: Have to get ready for next Saturday's picks.

Last edited:

monkiesrus

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
UT/Florida game

:funn:I don't think you have much to worry about BR. You can pretty much well figure that they will play just as horribly if not worse since we are playing the gators lol. :lolabove:

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Week 3 Pick'ems

THURSDAY
(15) Georgia Tech @ (20) Miami (FL)

SATURDAY
Boston Coll. @ Clemson
East Carolina @ (19) North Carolina
Louisville @ Kentucky
(22) Nebraska @ (14) Virginia Tech
Tennessee @ (1) Florida