• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

J-WS6

Beach Comber
May 22, 2007
Houston, TX
Thanks for the updated pictures! That's the first time I've seen that guest house addition. Wish I could make it back over there to get a better look.

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
It's all so confusing. Another confusing thing is that Santa Rosa Beach is not in Santa Rosa County. Once during a storm watch, Weather Channel, et. al., got them confused.

And Santa Rosa Beach is not on Santa Rosa Island; and very little of Santa Rosa Island is in Santa Rosa County. St. Rose must have been quite popular with de Luna or some of the early folks.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Hey Herbal Doc didn't you used to have a TV show and a store front in the Panama City Mall.

deepender

Beach Comber
Jul 2, 2009
If you want to see the tax card for HIlton's home click here:

Walton County Parcel Maps

he has the right (as does Mcrae next door) to whatever house they want.
I commend both for having the ability and financial prowess to own and maintain those homes. I think everyone else that has posted on here must just be jealous... I know I am.

Mr Hilton and Mr Mcrae,
Thank you for spending your money and providing jobs to all those that work for you in all your many endeavors! I hope that you and your families enjoy your homes for many generations as the rest of just look on and dream.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
If you want to see the tax card for HIlton's home click here:

he has the right (as does Mcrae next door) to whatever house they want.
I commend both for having the ability and financial prowess to own and maintain those homes. I think everyone else that has posted on here must just be jealous... I know I am.

Mr Hilton and Mr Mcrae,
Thank you for spending your money and providing jobs to all those that work for you in all your many endeavors! I hope that you and your families enjoy your homes for many generations as the rest of just look on and dream.

Wrong link, we're you checking up on a a nieghbor? :D Change the map size once or twice to get the right link in the address bar of your browser.

Last edited:

deepender

Beach Comber
Jul 2, 2009
Wrong link, we're you checking up on a a nieghbor? :D Change the map size once or twice to get the right link in the address bar of your browser.

You are very right... sorry about that, I was actually looking at many parcel maps at the same time and clicked the wrong one. Actually just considering purchasing more property down here.

but my position still stands that it is their property and right and there sure has been alot of time wasted by people wanting to stick their nose in other people's business.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If you're building a house like he has, you've got the expectation that people are going to spend the 10+ years it's taken to build speculating what the deal is.

If he didn't want to draw attention, there are a number of small and very private communities where he could have built in these parts instead. Home would have drawn a lot less chatter if it had been tucked away in Gulf Trace or Three Mile Village instead of being very visible from the heavily-traveled 30-A.

I don't suppose Charlie and family would be willing to open up the home for a charity tour when it's finally finished? Considering how many people have been watching construction for so long, I'd guess there's some good interest in seeing how the inside turned out as well.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
I actually remain confused about this. Are High Pointe, Paradise By the Sea (Charlie's neighborhood) and Seacrest Beach North part of the traditional Seacrest? If so, how can that be if Alys Beach is in the middle? This is my only beef with Alys Beach. :lol:

All of the above as well as Rosemary Beach, Sandy Shores, Elysee, Long View, were part of what Doodle referred to as the Barber tract which I guess was owned by Barber Dairy. If my memory serves me correctly, he optioned the property and put smaller deals together that he sold off to help offset the large purchase price. High Point was sold to Wes Burnham and Wally Nall, old friends of Doodles and the developers of Edgewater and the Hombre golf course in PCB. Paradise by the Sea was developed by Doodle and sold at very fair prices given the large lots. Sandy Shores was developed by Sandy Nichols and others, also friends of Doodles but the gulf front was retained by Doodle. Elysee was sold mostly to Charles Feagan and Joe Malugen but part was kept by Doodle. I'm not sure but I think that Rosemary was originally sold to or at least contracted by Geoff Wilder, another friend of Doodle and I think the develolper of Lake Place. Of course it ultimately ended up the property of Luecadia. Water's Edge, the original Seacrest Beach was developed by Doodle, and the street named for the late Geoff Wilder, also a friend of Doodle. Seacrest Beach North, now just Seacrest Beach became Doodle's largest development. Some of the details might be a little off but I think that this is a fair summation of the way I heard it many years ago. It was a textbook example of how to put a deal together using other peoples money, and I'm sure a fair amount of his own.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
One has to question Charlie Hilton's motives when he flat out refuses to install turtle friendly lighting by hiring 5 attorney's.

If you're building a house like he has, you've got the expectation that people are going to spend the 10+ years it's taken to build speculating what the deal is.

If he didn't want to draw attention, there are a number of small and very private communities where he could have built in these parts instead. Home would have drawn a lot less chatter if it had been tucked away in Gulf Trace or Three Mile Village instead of being very visible from the heavily-traveled 30-A.

I don't suppose Charlie and family would be willing to open up the home for a charity tour when it's finally finished? Considering how many people have been watching construction for so long, I'd guess there's some good interest in seeing how the inside turned out as well.

I would contibute some $$ to see how it turned out and what the inside looks like for charity. Forget my personal opinions on if it fits or if I like the architecture I'm drawn to it and I'm curious :yikes::blush:. Anyway if they open it I would go if not I'll just gripe from 30A.