• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
First of all, I am totally in support of what Dave Rauschkolb has proposed.
Secondly, I called both Rep. Coley's and Sen Gaetz offices to express my displeasure with such drilling and was told by both that no such bill has been passed as yet. That is the information I have received. Make of it what you will. It was stated that such a bill was introduced last session but failed. It was stated that it will probably be re-introduced in the next session.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
I want to follow this thread closely, so please keep it alive. We'll try to make plans if possible for Thanksgiving if that comes to be the date. We came over T-giving one year and all loved doing that!

jack S

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2007
Secondly, I called both Rep. Coley's and Sen Gaetz offices to express my displeasure with such drilling and was told by both that no such bill has been passed as yet. That is the information I have received. Make of it what you will. It was stated that such a bill was introduced last session but failed. It was stated that it will probably be re-introduced in the next session.
Andy; They will not tell you that a bill is coming because they DO NOT want you to Know!!!! This is an insidious campaign to ignore the wishes of the people by the legislature! It will only be by an overwelming uprising of the people that may stop it. Your and my representatives are not representing us, but they are representing texas oil!
A protest such as Dave's is the only thing that will get their attention. I will be there and I hope for a huge turnout.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I love the Thanksgiving weekend idea. Lots of homeowners in town so they have an opportunity to join in, and who isn't thankful for our beautiful beaches?

We'll be there with bells on! And I'll be more than happy to provide any help you need putting it together!

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington

The bill was introduced as the clock struck midnight in the last session. It managed to pass the House, but ran out of time for a vote in the Senate. Rep. Coley did vote for the bill, and it did pass the House by a wide margin. This article predates the vote, but explains how it all came to pass -- Powerful gulf oil drilling lobby faces strong resistance in Florida - St. Petersburg Times

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Awesome- thanks Dave. :clap:

I have no doubt our SoWal community will pull together for this one.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The bill was introduced as the clock struck midnight in the last session. It managed to pass the House, but ran out of time for a vote in the Senate. Rep. Coley did vote for the bill, and it did pass the House by a wide margin. This article predates the vote, but explains how it all came to pass -- Powerful gulf oil drilling lobby faces strong resistance in Florida - St. Petersburg Times
I was told by the Representative's office that the bill failed. If what you say is correct, the office put a "spin" on what I was told. So what else is new? BTW, Betty and I will be glad to participate. Just tell us where and when.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Holiday weekend? Lots of locals leave. Some folks travel here but have no idea what is going on or are not motivated. Full of turkey, football, and satisfaction.

Sorry to bring up practical matters., but what about coastline which has no beach - marsh, river deltas, bay inlets, etc.?

Do locals have less say what happens on our beaches than corporations?

image_preview

oil_soaked_bird.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.