• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I know of someone with a BRILLIANT IDEA/ PRODUCT! There is nothing like this on the market and I'll bet that it will be, huge! They need to consult with an attorney, to protect themselves and their idea/product. Any suggestions, would be appreciated!:D

Patents aren't exactly easy to acquire. My husband has a boatload of patents. He is so knowledgeable about the process that he submits them himself, sans attorney.

Sounds like your acquaintance is a noob. I'd suggest a patent attorney. Don't know of any south of ATL. Hubby's sister is the patent attorney for a major corporation in Wisconsin, but that wouldn't work for someone where you live.

Good luck to your acquaintance !

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I looked him up on the Florida Bar web site, and they list him as the only Intellectual Property lawyer in the Panhandle. While there's something a little snake oil about his web site, if you're handling IP issues down here, you have to actually be fairly decent at handling some pretty complex stuff because you're probably going to be doing a fair amount of DoD work.

RestAssured

Beach Crab
Nov 18, 2009
I know of someone with a BRILLIANT IDEA/ PRODUCT! There is nothing like this on the market and I'll bet that it will be, huge! They need to consult with an attorney, to protect themselves and their idea/product. Any suggestions, would be appreciated!:D

Give Peter Loffler a call. He is out of Fort Walton Beach and is currently working on a trademark for our company. His number is 850-729-1520. Good luck with the idea!

ann hodnett

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2008
Patents aren't exactly easy to acquire. My husband has a boatload of patents. He is so knowledgeable about the process that he submits them himself, sans attorney.

Sounds like your acquaintance is a noob. I'd suggest a patent attorney. Don't know of any south of ATL. Hubby's sister is the patent attorney for a major corporation in Wisconsin, but that wouldn't work for someone where you live.

Good luck to your acquaintance !

Just curious, what's a noob? Is this something, I should know?:dunno: