• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

familyof3

Beach Lover
Mar 18, 2008
Arkansas
OMC! Insanity or that woman has a set.

That being said, I'll have to admit that I have always wanted to feel what Pepper might feel if she got shocked by the invisible fence that was installed but has never used because I am afraid she'll get shocked.

We once installed this for 1 of our labs. I did try it out to make sure it was ok. I definetly pulled my finger back but it by no means was terrible. Give it a try. We were able to fence in 1 1/2 acres for Buddy to run. We could never had afforded that with a regular fence.and it would have stuck out in our neighborhood. Besides after the initial training and I would say 3-4 months the batteries were dead most of the time. He was just trained to not try it.

We once installed this for 1 of our labs. I did try it out to make sure it was ok. I definetly pulled my finger back but it by no means was terrible. Give it a try. We were able to fence in 1 1/2 acres for Buddy to run. We could never had afforded that with a regular fence.and it would have stuck out in our neighborhood. Besides after the initial training and I would say 3-4 months the batteries were dead most of the time. He was just trained to not try it.
Okay. Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve ...

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Well?! How'd it feel?

Seriously, this is the lazy persons solution. If you don't have to time to work with your dog and train it not to bark, you don't need one.

so true! and I might add that even if your dog is well trained not to bark incessantly, sometimes a dog is just gonna bark during certain situations. let 'em. big deal. dogs deserve to biatch a little now and then. typically its when they are trying their best to protect you.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
To clarify, that Scooterhound was so well trained and well behaved we took him everywhere (including to Mt. Rushmore where I pretended to be blind and using him as a guide dog because it was so hot, to my high school spanish class where I got points for teaching him command tenses (or hand signals so language didn't matter :blush:), he was my designated shotgun running errands at night, and he was welcome at Grandpa Scooterbug's assisted living facility because all the residents loved him).

The bark collar was just because stupid neighbors complained (great moment when they left a note in the mailbox and Grandma Scooterbug marched up the street and told them it was a neighborhood with kids and dogs and maybe they should move to a rest home if it bothered them - and it turned out to be her visiting crazy dog that was the issue) so we put it on so we could say it wasn't him - he never wore it when we were home and was a very well trained doggie.

Just can't imagine making it so your dog can't make ANY noise - it's only Feb and I have already apologized to Scooterhound multiple times for not properly responding to her noises and whines. Yes, she can communicate well w/ pounces and eyes, but noises sure help.

BeachLover0628

Beach Comber
Jun 19, 2007
This is very awful. My husband works at an animal hospital. A client wanted to remove his dogs voice box and they refused to do it. So the owner took the dog to another vet which removed the box. Two days later the client came back in with his very sick dog. The dog had an infection from the surgery. There was not anything that could be done and the dog died. It is ashame that the owner caused the death of his dog, because he was selfish.