• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHLMVHH9be8"]YouTube- infant screams nonstop for 30 seconds!!![/ame]

If you're not dealing with what appears in the video with in the first 2 seconds I'm going to be rude to you.

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
Kerri

We live here on 30A and we have a 2 month old as well as a 6 and 7 year olds. We take them most everywhere we go and have never had any problems whatsoever. Never mind the rantings of a few, and certainly never mind any stink eye. There are plenty of places where no one is going take kids (like the couple you mentioned), and they can go there if its so horrible having kids around. :shock:

Ill give you a list of where we go regularly on 30A (that is, more than a couple of times): Stinky's, Pompano Joe's , Elmo's, Smiling Fish, Goatfeather's, Red Bar, Shorty's, Hurricane, Broken Egg, Donut Hole, Bud and Alleys (outside), Shrimp Shack, Great Southern, Gravel Road, Angelina's, La Cocina, Shades.

Enjoy your stay!

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
Some here in Sowal get the stinkeye more often than they realize. And it's not because of the kids. Have a great trip KerriH & family.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
To be honest I know people with kids who bring them out to dinner with them. The thing is it doesn't phase me because they are well behaved. Then there are the people who should be forcibly sterilized.

If your child sits quietly and only interrupts for something important like going to the bathroom you're golden in my book.

However, if you and your spouse feel like taking a break from the kids by letting them roam (always turns into running) around the restaurant then you are going to get the stink eye from me. That also includes:

-Ignored screaming babies
-Portable DVD players, with headphones it's still distracting, without you should be stripped of citizenship and dropped from a high distance into a barren desert waste land
-Toys, I don't mind some crayons and a coloring book or a toy car, but it's not play time and the playroom needs to stay at home
-Diaper changing, I really can't believe it has to be said that this should be done in an appropriate place like the BATHROOM or the hood of YOUR car, but in the middle of a restaurant dining room could force me into a homicidal state
-Shunning the children, you brought 'em you deal with 'em and they should be at the same table as you. Otherwise I'm curious as to why you brought them in the first place?

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
Actually the point was, many children I've seen around Sowal in restaurants are fairly well-behaved. Not all, but most. On the other hand, drunken, self-centered, overly-opinionated, loud, obnoxious adults outnumber bratty children by a mile. Especially the crowd who must be on the phone and "connected" the whole time while in a restaurant. I know personal ringtones are the rage, but those are for you, not the rest of us. If you are one of these adults, please remove yourself or order take-out. You are not near as interesting and charming as you may think, dahling.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
There are a number of kid friendly places on and off 30-A. I do not know them all but here are some: Red Bar, Stinky's, Shorty's, Louis, Louis (for dinner), Flip flops, pizza by the sea, Angilinas, Pickles, Wine World, Any place at Pier park, some places at Grand Blvd and Baytowne Warf, most places in Panama Beach and Destin if you want to travel that far.
I am sure there are more. We should all realize that families during the season are our bread and butter. Restaurants that wish to be successful must be kid friendly and welcoming to families.Being in the restaurant business, I realize these facts.