• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Walton County?s Tourist Development Council Executive Director Sonny Mares announced his retirement today.

Tracy Louthain will be acting as Director until a decision is made on permanent replacement of Mr. Mares. Tracy has been involved with the TDC since 2001 and joined the team in house in April 2005. She is presently serving as Director of Communications.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
He did not plan it - someone else did.

He retired like Jim Greer retired. Step down or have a gap in your resume.

Bye Bye - Gold Mastercard

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It would seem obvious to most of us that the "good ol' boy/girl" network is not completely dead by any means in Walton County. I don't know what Mr. Mares did, I only know I observed him make his reports to the BCC and he certainly seemed to have all his stuff together. The powers that be in this county seem intent on getting rid of those who have the county's interest as a whole at heart or promoting sensible solutions to our problems. I don't see it improving anytime soon, though maybe I'm wrong.

Botes

Beach Comber
Mar 27, 2010
It would seem obvious to most of us that the "good ol' boy/girl" network is not completely dead by any means in Walton County. I don't know what Mr. Mares did, I only know I observed him make his reports to the BCC and he certainly seemed to have all his stuff together. The powers that be in this county seem intent on getting rid of those who have the county's interest as a whole at heart or promoting sensible solutions to our problems. I don't see it improving anytime soon, though maybe I'm wrong.

You admit you don't know what happened, but then you follow that up with the "powers that be" line. I agree, I don't know what happened either, so I will hold judgment. Who knows, this might be a good thing. :dunno: