• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
this afternoon about 5:00...saw him pick up a medium brown dog with a collar and tags, then he went down Cabbage Rose Lane.

I know there have been complaints about dogs running loose down there - and lord knows there are a couple of dogs I'd like to be picked up over here - but I just wanted to alert folks, in case your dog is missing, to check with Animal Control.

this afternoon about 5:00...saw him pick up a medium brown dog with a collar and tags, then he went down Cabbage Rose Lane.

I know there have been complaints about dogs running loose down there - and lord knows there are a couple of dogs I'd like to be picked up over here - but I just wanted to alert folks, in case your dog is missing, to check with Animal Control.

Very sorry to hear this....I hate it when people let their dogs run because not everyone loves dogs as much as I do....I was hoping just *****ing publicly on sowal would make these dog owners be aware that their dogs were really getting on peoples nerves.... Calling animal control is kinda extreme though...sure hope they get their dogs out of jail.:dunno:

Rebecca

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2008
There is a little brown dog with a Seaside collar who comes out and walks with me off Cabbage Rose Lane. He is the sweetest thing. HowEVER, I was chased by a very aggressive big black dog while walking a couple of weeks ago. I thought I had met my sure death off Cabbage Rose Lane. We do have a leash law intact for a reason.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I am thinking it was the little brown dog that got picked up. He was running beside a little girl on a bicycle. Collar was blue; couldn't tell if it said Seaside or not. Main reason I stopped was that a man got out of his truck (this is before I saw the county emblem) to talk to a little girl on a bike. :eek: Then they were all in front of me in the road.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Your description fits the picture of one of the dogs picked up this week, shown on this Walton County website. He looks so cute. Lots of beautiful dogs listed here, hopefully the owners will find them. Very sad to see so many 'owner surrender' dogs. :sosad:
Walton County, FL - Home Page - Found DOGS

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
the sweet brown girl has also walked with me a few times. soooo sad to see that she has been snatched. i doubt her owners know she's up there. a death sentence for sure.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I have seen this dog (a female) all around Cabbage Rose. It is very sad the sweet, innocent dogs pay the price for ignorant owners!! :angry: The lack of intelligence and responsibility is staggering. She has been running loose around our neighborhood for weeks. So sad that someone alerted the dogcatcher :sosad: Will they not call the owners # on the tags? I wish I knew who the owners were, I would let them know where to find her...if they even give a S%$#.

Rebecca

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2008
I just looked at the picture from link and it is indeed the same sweet little brown dog with Seaside collar. I believe her owners live in the red house on East Point Washington. What can be done? How long does she have before her "death sentence"??

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
The site states they will keep them for 7 days waiting to be claimed, then they'll be available for adoption. After that, I recall someone posted previously that it is 10 days before they are put 'to sleep'?

Last night would've been the first night the dog didn't come home...

Rebecca

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2008
I found out who the dog owner is. She is very sweet and not a negligent owner. She rescued Buckley, the sweet little brown dog with Seaside collar, in December.

Buckley turned out to have the sweetest disposition, but lots of energy.
When owner is at work, Buckley digs out from under the fence in her backyard.

The owner went to Defuniak Springs yesterday to retrieve Buckley and had a car accident on the way. She realizes with her hectic job and Buckley's need to run (ideally on a farm somewhere) that the situation is not ideal.

If anyone knows of a good home that would be conducive to Buckley's needs, please PM me.

Buckley is up to date with her vaccinations and has been spayed. She also comes with a $150 crate. (Owner has been crate training her.)