• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Oh Thank You but she is so sweet we just can't part with her now. We took her to the vet and got her shots and she is in great condition just 15 lbs overweight and full of fleas :)

She loves our 1yr old yellow lab and acts like she was always meant to be with him.

I just can't believe that someone left her on the beach!!! She is just perfect how could they do that!

We were only in Seagrove for the week on vacation and the shelters were full so we brought her back to Jacksonville thinking her owners would call. Alaqua has been great to work with---such a very nice facility and people!

thanks for your response!

I truly hope you would not withhold a child's pet requesting payment of shots; something you did rather quickly on your volition when a simple flea bath would have sufficed for a while longer. I would think that an older pure breed dog, would in all likelihood, be somewhat up to date on shots and not pose any significant risk to your lab while you waited a bit longer; if you truly hoped the rightful owners found this site to claim him. Also, did you leave your telephone # with Alaqua?

Consider that this is a child who is only being supervised by one parent; a parent who is probably working multiple jobs to keep a roof over his children's heads, and may be in danger of losing his job(s) due to the oil spill and there is increased tension in the household.

Hopefully, since Kurt so graciously offered to go to Jax, or if someone else is traveling that direction and back, that the dog will be reunited soon with his rightful family. I have seen many Sowalers come to the rescue of multiple situations that were from out of town.

anniet

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
Most folks will not drop a dog at a pound for fear the dog will be put to sleep if no one claims it. We don't know the whole story but it sounds like medical care may have been needed for Jessie. In any case this needs to be worked out calmly.

This is not simply a "tourist website". We keep it real and will tell it like it is. Being young is no excuse for being rude. Again, I understand you are upset, and I sympathize with you, but it is time to calm down and find a solution instead of ranting.

I have suggested a couple of options in post #11, but you have not responded at all. It seems that if you were in favor of finding a solution instead of showing public anger, you would have responded to those who want to help. If you continue in an unproductive way then people will stop wanting to help you.

At this point I think it is important for your parents to know you are posting on this site, and that we are trying to help. They may have other ideas, or wish to handle the whole matter offline.

Sorry if this sounds like a lecture but it's time to fix it instead of letting it stay broken.

for your info, this isnt your buissness in the first place, but we did find a solution. im just letting people know that maybe eliz isnt the biggest hero afterall.
and before critisizing and being rude, you should try to find out about the other side of the story and how someone elses life is first!
pretty sad that a 13 year old learned this before you did.

anniet

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
I truly hope you would not withhold a child's pet requesting payment of shots; something you did rather quickly on your volition when a simple flea bath would have sufficed for a while longer. I would think that an older pure breed dog, would in all likelihood, be somewhat up to date on shots and not pose any significant risk to your lab while you waited a bit longer; if you truly hoped the rightful owners found this site to claim him. Also, did you leave your telephone # with Alaqua?

Consider that this is a child who is only being supervised by one parent; a parent who is probably working multiple jobs to keep a roof over his children's heads, and may be in danger of losing his job(s) due to the oil spill and there is increased tension in the household.

Hopefully, since Kurt so graciously offered to go to Jax, or if someone else is traveling that direction and back, that the dog will be reunited soon with his rightful family. I have seen many Sowalers come to the rescue of multiple situations that were from out of town.

thank you! you seem to be the only one who understands the actual situation!

ann hodnett

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2008
I am happy you were able to work something out, to get Jessie back, but you have got to know being covered in biting bugs is torturous. Imagine being in your bed at night, trying to sleep and you're being eaten alive. I'm sure it makes for a hard nights sleep. Since, she's had her shots, she will have a tag, that will be associated with another number. Call the vet and change contact info., to your own.
And, oh yeah, you can make your own tag at walmart. There is a machine at the front of the store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
for your info, this isnt your buissness in the first place, but we did find a solution. im just letting people know that maybe eliz isnt the biggest hero afterall.
and before critisizing and being rude, you should try to find out about the other side of the story and how someone elses life is first!

When you're posting on my forum, it is my business. I was honestly trying to help and even offered to bring your pet home for you. And still you insult.

Maybe one day when you grow up you will return here and thank some folks. Then again, if you haven't learned manners by now . . .

I am glad you worked it out. :D

I agree with Ellie - if you can't employ effective flea control then you shouldn't own a pet.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach

Wow, Annie! Have some respect. Kurt offered to go to Jax to pick up your dog, and had it not been for this site, owned by Kurt, YOU would not have found your dog. Regardless of what really happened, you owe Kurt an apology.

Lessons learned: act like a little lady and learn some manners, get your dog microchipped, and pay attention to your studies, especially your spelling.

gravy not oatmeal

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
Wow, Annie! Have some respect. Kurt offered to go to Jax to pick up your dog, and had it not been for this site, owned by Kurt, YOU would not have found your dog. Regardless of what really happened, you owe Kurt an apology.

Lessons learned: act like a little lady and learn some manners, get your dog microchipped, and pay attention to your studies, especially your spelling.
:p retard so she missed up on her spelling so wut........... ooooooooooooo i missed spelled wut, wuts u goin 2 do about it!?!

anniet

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2010
When you're posting on my forum, it is my business. I was honestly trying to help and even offered to bring your pet home for you. And still you insult.

Maybe one day when you grow up you will return here and thank some folks. Then again, if you haven't learned manners by now . . .

I am glad you worked it out. :D

I agree with Ellie - if you can't employ effective flea control then you shouldn't own a pet.

okay, im saying sorry to one person:you. how exactly was i supposed to know this was your forum?
but
i HAVE manners, the first thing i posted i was being a calm as possible, but it seems that some of the elderly people on here dont have any by starting the rudeness. but fine. its your buiessness.mine. and eliz's. oh,btw, fleas get bad in the summer, its kind of NORMAL! they had just statrted getting bad when she went missing,the day we were going to buy a flea bomb and collar

Status
Not open for further replies.