• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

leslie@Treetop

Beach Crab
Jul 9, 2010
Wondering the same

I was wondering the same about dogs on 30-A beaches. I always see them out there, but I thought it was not allowed. Anyone know?

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Dogs are not allowed on the beaches in Okaloosa County.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
I'd love to take my dog to the beach, but I know that she'd $h1T on the beach, and somebody'd expect me to pick it up.....and that ain't happening. So, my dog stays home, inside, and neurotic, because she can't become one with the sand without doing number 2 (especially after a vigorous workout with "the ball", and she knows the crazy dude ain't picking up Special K (kaka). Funny how that works..... So, she suffers, and gets fatter by the day.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Dogs used to run free in South Walton, but you know, there are just too many people these days and the oil spill has certainly added another logistics problem. Many people are good owners and control their pet. I am continually shocked at the irresponsible owners that let their dogs harass other beach visitors and wildlife. If doggy patrol parked at the Eastern Lake access between 7 and 8:30 a.m. most days they could give out tickets for dogs not on a leash. There are about four big dogs that run wild for about an hour every day, much to the duress of the local birds. Lets be reasonable. This is probably not a good time to let your dogs run loose or even be on the beach. There is that occasional tar ball, and your dog is probably okay with running through it and then tracking it across the access, much less into your house or rental. It is a hard enough time for the local birds to be feeding on the beach and outfalls without being harrassed by dogs not on a leash. I would not take my dog to the beach right now, leash or no leash. It is a lot harder to get tar balls out of furry animals than bare feet.

Yzarctoo

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2009
happy2Bme; and she knows the crazy dude ain't picking up Special K (kaka). Funny how that works..... So said:
does that mean when you walk your dog in your neighborhood and she deposits her Kaka in a neighborhor's yard you leave it to the neighbor to pick up so his kid doesn't step in it. That's nice...extra yard duty!

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Kaka is the reason I've never been real keen on our dogs having a beach tag. Actually, I would not hesitate to pick it up with a baggie (gotta do that before we go to the vet anyway), it's the thought of sand-skiing across the beach, being pulled by a 100-lb lab that worries me. She would love it, but what she doesn't know about won't hurt her. :cool:

However...my primary issue with dogs off-leash on the beach centers around the time I was enjoying a day on the beach, face-down in a lounge chair, only to feel a wet nose jam itself in my cash-and-prizes and then the unmistakable feeling of getting peed on...:shock:

Property owners may also buy beach permits for their dogs.

Our Pepper (black standard poodle) loves the beach. We put her on a long leash, and she loves running back and forth at the shoreline. She expects everyone who passes by to tell her how pretty she is, and if they don't, she barks at them.

She knows the word "beach," and when we're there, she runs to her leash when we say that word. :love:

She has never gone potty on the beach. She waits until she gets back to the fenced-in area at the house.

Last edited:

ktschris

Beach Fanatic
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis
Kaka is the reason I've never been real keen on our dogs having a beach tag. Actually, I would not hesitate to pick it up with a baggie (gotta do that before we go to the vet anyway), it's the thought of sand-skiing across the beach, being pulled by a 100-lb lab that worries me. She would love it, but what she doesn't know about won't hurt her. :cool:

However...my primary issue with dogs off-leash on the beach centers around the time I was enjoying a day on the beach, face-down in a lounge chair, only to feel a wet nose jam itself in my cash-and-prizes and then the unmistakable feeling of getting peed on...:shock:

Thank you!!! This made me laugh out loud!