• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

blubrdgrl

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2010
Hello,
Presently live in Atlanta, but want to come down & rent a place starting in Sept. for 6 mon to take a break & write a book. Looking for a small place for myself & mini-schnauzer very close to beach (within 50yds) for under $1000/mon. Like to ride bike, & want to go kayaking in your coastal dune lakes. Any ideas on who to contact about my rental desires?

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
I have a small bayfront house for rent in your price range. It is in a quiet area and the sunset views may inspire your writing. Let me know if you would like to look at it.

blubrdgrl

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2010
Hello graytonbeachguy,
Yes, I am interested in your place. Do you you have any pics to e-mail me? I will be coming down later this week or next week to look at some places & maybe I could check it out then.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
I will work on getting a couple of pics. I still need to do a bit of cleaning yet, but it has been repainted in the past couple of weeks.

blubrdgrl

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2010
Great! Thanks for letting me know. I will be coming down this Thursday July 15th & staying in Destin thru Sunday- trying to line up places to look at. I would like to check out your place while there.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Try Sea Bluff, Dune Allen, Resort Quest or Southern or Sandcastle all handle rentals. Also, one of our owners has a front corner unit for rent and probably would consider a term as long as you wish. The number to call is (850) 267-3709. You can't get any closer to the Gulf but you do have to negotiate 69 steps to the beach but the walkover and view is beautiful.

blubrdgrl

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2010
Try Sea Bluff, Dune Allen, Resort Quest or Southern or Sandcastle all handle rentals. Also, one of our owners has a front corner unit for rent and probably would consider a term as long as you wish. The number to call is (850) 267-3709. You can't get any closer to the Gulf but you do have to negotiate 69 steps to the beach but the walkover and view is beautiful.

Thanks so much! I will call the number & check out the other places- I appreciate your help:)

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Thanks so much! I will call the number & check out the other places- I appreciate your help:)
A little further information. We are the highest point on the Gulf between Appalachicola and Pensacola. The condos are older, built in the early and mid '80's but are well kept and run about 1600 sq. ft with 2 bdrms, 2 baths. The grounds are beautiful (my wife does a lot of the work and is a Master Gardener) and we have a newly renovated pool. Needless to say, I love the place as I and Betty live here full time.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
I hope you are successful in finding a place. You can call me at 850.598.0205 if you are still interested in looking at the bayfront cottage.

blubrdgrl

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2010
Yes, I am interested in seeing your place. I will call this afternoon to set up a time to see it tomorrow afternoon or sometime Saturday if that works for you.
Thanks,
Judy