• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Thanks for the reply. A couple of follow-up questions, if you don't mind.

First, did you mean to say above that vets do NOT normally scan for a chip when a dog is brought in? Or did I misread?

Second, would you mind telling us which company you used? I might want to avoid them.

Thanks

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Thanks for the reply. A couple of follow-up questions, if you don't mind.

First, did you mean to say above that vets do NOT normally scan for a chip when a dog is brought in? Or did I misread?

Second, would you mind telling us which company you used? I might want to avoid them.

Thanks

Yes, sorry for the typo. They do not normally scan a pet. Most are only proactive if someone ask for the pet to be scanned or if they have info about an animal fitting that description.

A local breeder told me a story yesterday about the owner of two of their French Bulldogs. Her babies got out and after a few days a lady called them and said that she had one of them and returned it to the owner. Sometime later, the owner got a call from the local P.D. asking her about her lost pet. Apparently, her dog had been scanned by a local vet. When she arrived to get her pet, it just so happend that the person that brought the dog to the vet was the SAME person who had "found" the first dog.

I guess she thought she wouldn't caught.

I used www.helpmefindmypet.com

Thanks!

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Bump...

If you see his little @ss, he's out again as of 10/16.

I'm ready to pull my hair out and his too. :-/

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Yay! He's home!