• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
When I was picking Max up from the Walton County Animal Shelter on Monday a man was surrendering a gorgeous young cocker. It is about a year and a half old, medium size blonde/beige....gorgeous and so sweet. It may not post for adoption for another few days but is available according to Jennifer (Tuesday it was still available). Please, someone help this sweet dog!!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Don't understand people surrendering their pets they have probably had from a puppy. And that dog probably wonders why his owner left him there never to return. This makes me so mad. Shouldn't get a dog if they don't plan on taking care of them until they get old and pass away. Got to quit looking at this stuff. Hope someone takes him. Don't know how the adoption rate is at that shelter but I hope it is good. Poor dog. :sosad:

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
How sad, for this baby!

I grew up with a buff colored Cocker, named Buffy! She was such a sweet, loyal and loving family member!:love: This little lost soul must be so terrified, where she is! Please, someone save this adorable, baby!:sosad:

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
I was very impressed with the shelter when I picked Max up. The people I met, Martha the manager, Jennifer and the technician were obviously compassionate, loving animal people. They DO work with several rescue groups from what I understand. They do all they can to place all animals left with them. Yes, there are some horrible people who should never adopt in the first place. When I think that we are the fourth home for Max in as many months, I get very angry. People are just plain lazy and apparently offer any excuse to surrender a "family member". Please, someone help this beautiful full blooded cocker find the right home. Obviously, the people who got him as a pup, never committed and gave up at the first opportunity. The man had a lame excuse---"he snapped my wife while she was grooming him!" Duh!! Newsflash----dogs bite!!! Do you think humans ever cause the bite??? I do??? By doing stupid....uuuuuuggggggghhhhh! Max is great! Adopt the cocker!!!

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
Come on SoWalers, adopt this cocker! It is gorgeous and soooo precious. we took Max in Monday and have been so blessed. He was a throw away and has turned out to be the best companion! If you can not adopt yourself, please, help by pushing this thread!

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Sweet cocker's forever home, is coming!!!

We will find that baby, its forever home... we have to!:sosad: Thanks, Jackie, for trying!:clap::clap::clap:Just like with Max, it took a while, but, you were the family, meant for him! :love:When did you last speak with the shelter, about the Cocker?
Come on SoWalers, adopt this cocker! It is gorgeous and soooo precious. we took Max in Monday and have been so blessed. He was a throw away and has turned out to be the best companion! If you can not adopt yourself, please, help by pushing this thread!

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Cocker

Hi Jackie,

I've been working last five days and haven't been able to work on this, like I want! I'm off next few days, though I'm going to Pensacola tomorrow, for the day. I'll do what I can by phone, meanwhile! Have you spoken with the shelter, lately? I'm concerned about the 10 day period, before putting an animal down! Please, call me!

Diane
850-687-4904
We will find that baby, its forever home... we have to!:sosad: Thanks, Jackie, for trying!:clap::clap::clap:Just like with Max, it took a while, but, you were the family, meant for him! :love:When did you last speak with the shelter, about the Cocker?

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Trying to help, this little cocker!

I just emailed the shelter supervisor, to tey and find out about the Cocker. I'll update, tomorrow! Let's all say a prayer, for it!
Come on people, help this cocker spaniel out. It needs a good home. I am sure there is someone out there that can give this dog the home it deserves.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Cocker has a new, home!

I'm not sure of whomever adopted it, but, the shelter says it has been!:clap:Thx, Jackie, for caring!:love: