• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
So is anyone keeping track of all the sock puppets anymore?
First of all, I do not understand what a "sock puppet" is but I am astute enough to recognize it is not something desirable. Secondly, whatever it is, you are not necessarily one just because you disagee with your position. A little respect from some on both sides of this issue would be nice.

Last edited:
First of all, I do not understand what a "sock puppet" is but I am astute enough to recognize it is not something desirable. Secondly, whatever it is, you are not necessarily one just because you disagee with your position. A little respect from some on both sides of this issue would be nice.

Hello Andy! A sock puppet is a fake forum user account set up exclusively for the purpose of furthering the agenda of a normal poster by giving the appearance of additional support or the freedom to be rude or baiting without any accountability. Sock puppets are generally unhealthy additions to any forum, though they can be amusing. ;-)

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Hello Andy! A sock puppet is a fake forum user account set up exclusively for the purpose of furthering the agenda of a normal poster by giving the appearance of additional support or the freedom to be rude or baiting without any accountability. Sock puppets are generally unhealthy additions to any forum, though they can be amusing. ;-)

Hmmm... I always thought that was more of a troll than a puppet. Anyway, I have lived in this are my entire life. I don't need to be lectured on my views and the environment. I support local business as well as chain stores. I don't speak out much, but this is driving me nuts. The store is coming like it or not and 98 will be developed like it or not.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Actually, I was referring to Skunky, poking our perennial defender of Walmart and resident Devil's Advocate.

But maybe you have the same size shoe? :lol:

I do occasionally sportingly poke the hypersensitive, but I do fully support the construction of the SOWALMART. I'm thinking that the sun will continue to rise and set over scenic 30-A regardless of what is placed in the (never terribly scenic to begin with) commercial strip of HWY 98 that was destined for development anyway. To see some of the irrational hysteria one would think a mega-abortion clinic or nuclear waste storage facility was being built there. Of all the truly important challenges we have to face as a community, we are going to lose our minds over a small scale Wal-Mart? Get over it!:lol:

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I do occasionally sportingly poke the hypersensitive, but I do fully support the construction of the SOWALMART. I'm thinking that the sun will continue to rise and set over scenic 30-A regardless of what is placed in the (never terribly scenic to begin with) commercial strip of HWY 98 that was destined for development anyway. To see some of the irrational hysteria one would think a mega-abortion clinic or nuclear waste storage facility was being built there. Of all the truly important challenges we have to face as a community, we are going to lose our minds over a small scale Wal-Mart? Get over it!:lol:

I think the nuclear waste facility is going in where they just cleared that lot on 395.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I think the nuclear waste facility is going in where they just cleared that lot on 395.

Yeah, that's what I heard. And, ya know, if we all glow in the dark, it will be easier to see the wingnuts driving in the golf carts! It's all good. :cool:

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Hmmm... I always thought that was more of a troll than a puppet. Anyway, I have lived in this are my entire life. I don't need to be lectured on my views and the environment. I support local business as well as chain stores. I don't speak out much, but this is driving me nuts. The store is coming like it or not and 98 will be developed like it or not.

Speaking from someone who has lived here all their life also...........
I agree with you thisnthat!

I've lived here for years deprived from grocery stores, gas stations, and the convenience of driving down the street for necessities.

The Walmart is coming to Hwy 98 and that pretty much sums up this thread. I'm sure I'll run into some of you Sowallers in the new store.

Get over it and take a stroll on the beach! :cool:

Well, here's my two cents........

It is quite clear no one wants it and everybody will be there. But the fact is it is coming.
Period. So it's sorta like the trashy date that the favorite son brings home and announces that he's marrying .

Simply put it is what it is.
:lolabove: I just about fell out of my chair! So true and quite hilarious at the same time.:clap:

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I was so hoping that small stand of pines along the highway would remain, but I see they've come down. Bummer.