• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate your input. :wave: Tires are a fairly pricey item, so I'd like to go somewhere where I know we'll have a good experience. Looks like I've got several good options. Thanks!!

klauricella

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2007
Freeport
Here is a video from ABC news about aged tires being passed off as brand new ~ very interesting! Aged Tires: A Driving Hazard? - ABC News

I of course immediately went outside after watching this video the first time to check my tires that I purchased in 2008. 3 of the 4 tires I bought were manufactured in 2006. They were purchased at the Sears - Santa Rosa Mall.

Just make sure to check your tire dates before they put them on your car.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Do a google search about buying tires from Walmart or Sam's Club before you do it. Buyer beware.

Checking the date on the tires is very important. Some folks have cheaper tires because they buy a million at a shot and then take 4 years to sell them all meaning some people get old brand new tires that have already started to rot.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Buy them at TireRack.com and have them shipped to a shop near you to be installed. Saved me lots of $$

Tire Rack's prices are often low enough that you save over buying locally, even though you've got to pay separately for mounting and balancing.

They also have local affiliates where you can have your tires drop shipped for installation. Check their web site. I used a shop in PC several years back - bought the tires online, drop shipped, installed in PC. Painless and simple.

You can get the tires you want, too, not whatever the tire store has in stock and wants to unload on you.

I'm a fan.