• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

groveral

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
birmingham
sunday at sowal?

early walk down to seaside, hello to Charlie, coffee and muffin, walk back to house, sit on back porch and thank the good Lord for the blessing of enjoying Sowal!

Breakfast at Hibiscus or Red Bar or a muffin at Modica, then being totally lazy all day except for walking on the beach. Not having any programs, homework, or exams to grade.

Normal Sunday? Church, lunch, visiting Mom (love you always, Mom), and grading programs, homework, and exams.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
For me it depends on the season. During Spring break and Summer love my home...working in the yard, talking over the fence with my neighbor, walking the dog around Allen Loop early evening and having a late dinner with family and friends.

Fall and Winter....taking a ride on my bike, watching sunset west Dune Allen beach, going to Eden state Park for a walk and some meditation time and having dinner with family and friend.

A very simple Sunday.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Perfect Sunday for me is breakfast and Mimosa's at "The Red Bar Church" listening to Dread Clampitt. Then, a stroll on the beach.

Here in the winter it is hibernation day for me. Laundry, cleaning, naps.

In spring and summer, you can find me in my yard....

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Another beautiful SoWallian day of blessed peace and quiet to do whatever I feel like doing mood-to-moment! I like sloooowww cooking on Sundays... sometimes that involves the kitchen, sometimes boating, sometimes the beach, and sometimes just comfortably nestled into the recliner-chair-custom-butt-dent armed with crosswords and books :D
oh yea... and spontaneous drifting dreaming...

Last edited:

Caroling

Beach Fanatic
bike path at dawn

Early Sunday morning is the best time to take the Timpoochee Trail (AKA bike path) for peace and quiet (less traffic). I like to walk the same mile, getting to know it better each week, each season, each year. Always seeing something new, in a different light, and mood. I try to put off the business of life until Monday and let life meander where it will on Sunday. I wonder who this bird is?
CRW_3046.jpg

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Sundays were always my "do whatever the hail I want to do" day.
One of the best Sundays I had was a long morning walk on the beach, brunch at Fire with great friends then the rest of the day at Grayton with friends & family.

I look forward to Sundays in SoWal again! :wave: I'll be there in a few days :D

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Sundays were always my "do whatever the hail I want to do" day.
One of the best Sundays I had was a long morning walk on the beach, brunch at Fire with great friends then the rest of the day at Grayton with friends & family.

I look forward to Sundays in SoWal again! :wave: I'll be there in a few days :D

:welcome: ha ha had to use this smilie to welcome you back!