• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagroovys

Beach Lover
May 18, 2010
Went to the new Vue for drinks last night about 5:00, there was plenty of staff hanging around, but couldn't find the Bartender. We had a quick stroll around the place and it looks great. But by 5:15 we still couldn't find a bartender and none of the staff(waiters) could serve us at the bar so we disappointingly left.....Then we said hey we always go up by Seaside, and we are down this way let's go to stinky's for a drink. We went there and parked by the Liars club, before we could get out of our car a Valet came up said we are not allowed to park, have to be valeted. We said we only wanted a quick drink at the bar, and we were bar hopping they said they did not care. So we left.....

Uncle Porkchop

Beach Comber
May 18, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
As I heard, the Stinky's folks were told to either valet everybody or have parking tickets given to people parking on the side of the road. Valet sucks sometimes but a ton of parking tickets makes people a lot less likely to return.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I think Stinky's has to valet in an attempt to accomodate all the vehicles with what little parking they have. They are packed solid every lunch and evening. Valet's park with just enough space to get in and out versus what individual owners would do with their vehicles. They're doing very well there.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Went to the new Vue for drinks last night about 5:00, there was plenty of staff hanging around, but couldn't find the Bartender. We had a quick stroll around the place and it looks great. But by 5:15 we still couldn't find a bartender and none of the staff(waiters) could serve us at the bar so we disappointingly left.....Then we said hey we always go up by Seaside, and we are down this way let's go to stinky's for a drink. We went there and parked by the Liars club, before we could get out of our car a Valet came up said we are not allowed to park, have to be valeted. We said we only wanted a quick drink at the bar, and we were bar hopping they said they did not care. So we left.....

It's spring break things get alittle crazy at times.
Locals typically drink at home during these holidays! :cool:

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
It's a shame that you didn't just relax and let the valet take care of your car at Stinky's. You missed out on one of the truly iconic restaurants on 30A. Please go back and enjoy! You will thank yourself for going back.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
We went to Thirty A Cafe for Martini night last night and had a wonderfull time with the option of Valeting or NOT..... As locals we do not like VALET parking. The valets had a wonderful sense of humor, $5 bucks for Valet or $29 self park! we chose the $29 route....The Bar Menu is fantastic and you can't go wrong with the $5 martini's.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
It's a shame that you didn't just relax and let the valet take care of your car at Stinky's. You missed out on one of the truly iconic restaurants on 30A. Please go back and enjoy! You will thank yourself for going back.

I don't think a restaurant that has been open only 4 years is quite at icon status yet IMO.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I hate valet parking - partly because restaurants use it to avoid having even a fraction of the needed spots, partly because I hate being charged fees to frequent a business, and partly because I don't want total strangers driving my car.