• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Regardless of your thoughts regarding where the next meeting should be held, it's still ridiculous for most people to attend a 2pm meeting. I'm sure that just as many residents of Paxton work a normal job they can't just walk away from to attend a meeting as people in the south end.

I agree with you. I was surprised those meetings are being held at that hour. Just never expected it. But the meetings where the actual adoption of the plan by the BCC and the WCSB will be in the evenings, and it is going to be their decision.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
She could have used any equipment, audio visual aids, handouts that she wanted to use. The meeting was a bit confusing because what was being said was not matching what we were handed or shown. I have seen a printed map and now have a better understanding of what she was saying.
I believe she didn't know that she was going to present anything prior to the meeting and thus her only visual was the wrong map, which took time to correct.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
On Monday, June 6th, the BMBCA (Blue Mountain Beach Community Association) will hold a board meeting at the Coastal County Library meeting room. At 5:30 PM, Bonnie McQuiston will explain her position regarding re-districting and answer questions from all who attend. Everyone is welcome. BMBCA is a community association and is not a political enity.

It'd be nice if she'd answer questions at the public hearings too.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The exact original plan as put forth at the FIRST meeting which had no public attendance. In fact, Bonnie McQuiston was the one that insisted that we hold meetings all over the county as the process was being done. One of those maps makes significant changes to representation in the Paxton area so I would think that there will be a presence at the meeting. I imagine they are practicing patience and just awaiting their turn, but I can assure you, that group is just as passionate about things that affect them as they are anywhere else in Walton County.

Yeah and Sarah Palin's vacationing in a campaign bus. :funn:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
They say if you keep spouting conspiracy theories long enough, eventually they will take hold and people will remember them as the truth. I know I repeatedly stated that I stored 20K of absentee ballots under my bed and ultimately was the subject of investigations from Walton County to Tallahassee. Black Crown Vics would follow me around, I even had a guy call me and offer a deal if I would cooperate with the FBI and turn everyone involved in that was helping me. People can be pretty gullible at times.

Asserting that yoga and meditation in the public schools as a conspiracy to inject evil into the WALCO youth comes to mind!:wave:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It'd be nice if she'd answer questions at the public hearings too.
Its an open invitation, SWGB. Even you can attend. BTW, we all know you support Brenda Rees's map. Some of us do not. Accept it!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I too am curious as to why you favor 3D, assuming that is your pick.

I have not made a firm choice as yet. I am leaning toward 3D as I believe there is strength in numbers. That is why Bonnie is making a presentation to our board on Monday. It is to explain the position taken by her and, I believe, most members of the re-districting committee. I don't have a vote in this thing and am only seeking information. As I have said many times previously, it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference IMO as long as we continue to vote for our Commissioners at-large.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Its an open invitation, SWGB. Even you can attend. BTW, we all know you support Brenda Rees's map. Some of us do not. Accept it!

Wouldn't it be a better meeting with more than one viewpoint represented? Unless of course the people in your group have already made up their mind.