• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
There are any number of Publix employees in the area that have been with the company since their first Okaloosa/Walton store opened in 2000. Given that there were times since then that the unemployment rate was less than 3% and wages could be surprisingly high for retail work during some of those years, I tend to regard it as an indicator that Publix was a preferred employer even when there were a lot of other retail employment options out there.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
Some restaurants have the same employees for years and years. Some seem to have a revolving door and can't keep staff for more than several months.

You're in denial if you think that only applies to kitchen workers.

Of course not, I already said earlier "many businesses". My point is that as a customer, I'm not going makeemployee welfare my primary concern. It's not my jurisdiction and it's an impossible task, though it gives some people the illusion that they are doing the right thing when they target certain particular businesses.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Of course not, I already said earlier "many businesses". My point is that as a customer, I'm not going makeemployee welfare my primary concern. It's not my jurisdiction and it's an impossible task, though it gives some people the illusion that they are doing the right thing when they target certain particular businesses.

i.e. WalMart

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Retail giant Wal-Mart has announced in recent weeks that, effective immediately, it is cutting as many as 13,000 of what it somehow has the audacity to refer to as "jobs" from its corporate payroll.

According to Wal-Mart representatives, the, for lack of a better word, positions will be cut from the company's underperforming Sam's Club division. Analysts reported that Monday's layoffs marked one of the largest so-called downsizings of what can hardly even be termed employment in the company's history.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/walmart-cuts-over-13000-of-what-it-calls-jobs,2908/

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Within a few years Costco will somewhere near Sowal and everyone will forget there ever was a Walmart.