• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I wanna talk about it now (or again).

I must have 15 bottles in my fridge. Can't say that I love any of it. I'm really too lazy to make it myself these days and frankly, I'm tired of the same old balsamic. The only SD that I really love is blue cheese--with big hunks of BC. Unfortunately, it's not wise to eat BC on a regular basis. Maybe I'm not wild about SD because I really don't love vegetables that much even though I force myself to eat them. Folks, I think I'm in a food funk. Help.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
I like a good greek style dressing, but I cannot find better than blue cheese. I will die a happy girl!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
Ranch dressing works well as an alternative to mayo in tuna salad, IMO.

I like this idea. A good way to use up the 4 bottles I have in the fridge. All opened. WTP's up with that?

I like a good greek style dressing, but I cannot find better than blue cheese. I will die a happy girl!

I wish I had a big hunk of BC right now....with some pears and wine.

Mix some spicy mustard in with that balsamic. Yum. :)

I like this idea. Will try and get back to ya.

The homemade dressing I always keep in the fridge is my classic vinaigrette:

1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
1/2 cup EVOO
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon medium-grind black pepper
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Place all ingredients in a jar and shake well.

For salads with fruit in them (like watermelon and red onions over mixed green lettuce), I substitute balsamic vinegar.

In the summer I make Ina Garten's lemon vinaigrette which is basically EVOO, lemon juice, garlic salt, and ground pepper.

I also keep a jar of Naturally Fresh Lite Peppercorn Ranch in the fridge for using as a dip for veggies or as a salad dressing when too lazy to make my own.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
Ok BR, I will make some dressing.:D
Thanks!

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
What!!? You only have 15 jars. You need to fill up at least 2 fridge door shelves with half-empty salad dressing bottles. Otherwise it will make your fridge unbalanced and the door wont shut properly;)

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
What!!? You only have 15 jars. You need to fill up at least 2 fridge door shelves with half-empty salad dressing bottles. Otherwise it will make your fridge unbalanced and the door wont shut properly;)

:lol:LOL Amelia!!! I just counted and I only have 13 bottles. I do however have a whole door full of other condiments, salsas and butter. I think the butter balances everything out.:cool:

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
In a blender add:

1 small sweet onion (in chuncks)
3 to 4 T of red wine vinegar
1 t dry mustard
1/4 C sugar
A few grinds of fresh black pepper
A couple of pinches of kosher salt

After pureed, add 1/3 C light olive oil

(If you like it tarter, add more red wine vinegar(a pinch more sugar for sweeter)

This makes iceberg and tomatoes taste pretty good.

It lasts about 10 days in fridge.

And yes, I have all of those opened SD bottles also, and mine aren't very good either.