• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I know this might shock some, but perhaps the Red Bar isn't 100% of everybody's cup o' tea?

I love it, I'm a fan, and Oli and Staff rock it; I'm just saying.

Beachy Girl

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
www.kismetcottage.com
Come and stay with us! www.vrbo.com/13576

Our kitchen is well stocked and the house has all the comforts of home! Come and visit with Kismet.... Seagrove Beach, Florida vacation rental by owner: 3 bedroom House - One Story rental that sleeps 10. 3 Bedroom/3bath & with "Free" Internet Access. Not trying to be self serving but I completed get what you are saying. I travel a lot for business and when I vacation, I like to stay in homes/condos. I created a rental house that would attract me. We don't worry it things go missing (which they don't) as we want everyone to feel like they are at home, even down to having hangers in every bedroom.

I looked for the donut truck a few times but I never did see it.

I had Flip Flops on my list of places to go, but time ran out and so did our dining cash :blink:....next time, though. We went out to eat a lot more this year than we ever have before. I love to cook on vacation and I look forward to it all year. It's so relaxing, nobody's in a rush to run out anywhere and I don't count calories :yikes:so I'll make things I would never make here at home. This year the kitchen in our rental was not not stocked well at all, no cooking utensils, really cheap-o pots and pans, no pitcher, one wine glass, no margarita glasses, etc.....and it was old and dirty in the cabinets, so it took the fun out of making meals. Actually, the other weird thing was that the master bedroom had no dresser at all, no drawers, just a t.v. stand and two little night stands. That really made it a challenge keeping track of our clothes. I like it when you go to a rental and there are little touches of the owner's personality, knick knacks, beachy decor, a guest book to read and write in, etc. This rental had none of that, which is a shame because it had a lot of potential.

Oh well, that just gives me something to do this fall, look into all the rental notes I made on my rental search excursions for next year.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Our kitchen is well stocked and the house has all the comforts of home! Come and visit with Kismet.... Seagrove Beach, Florida vacation rental by owner: 3 bedroom House - One Story rental that sleeps 10. 3 Bedroom/3bath & with "Free" Internet Access. Not trying to be self serving but I completed get what you are saying. I travel a lot for business and when I vacation, I like to stay in homes/condos. I created a rental house that would attract me. We don't worry it things go missing (which they don't) as we want everyone to feel like they are at home, even down to having hangers in every bedroom.

Thanks for the advertisement of your rental.

Last edited:

rheffron

Beach Fanatic
Jan 17, 2008

You should have complained to the Rental agency. A good agency will fix that situation.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
no dilbert there,

Did you happen to stay in a unit at Blue Mountain Villas? If it had black and white checkerboard vinyl in on the main floor then that unit is a dump.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
no dilbert there,

Did you happen to stay in a unit at Blue Mountain Villas? If it had black and white checkerboard vinyl in on the main floor then that unit is a dump.

Nope, not in Blue Mtn Villas. It wasn't a dump at all, quite the opposite, but totally lacking any personality or beachy feeling. My husband is an interior designer so much of the time spent inside we discussed what could be done on the cheap to give it more sex appeal for the rental market. The feng shui was all messed up. Even our dog noticed it, he walked right into a love seat that was too close to a door way and facing the wrong way....how often do you see a dog walk into something??

We were very happy with the house itself, it was a great bargain for what we got and the owner was very kind. It just wasn't a luxury rental, but clean and comfortable. I wouldn't stay there again because there are so many other rentals out there, why marry one rental and settle down?

Last edited:

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Wow, it's been two years, sounds like I really had a great time on this trip. Thanks for the post,
Ghost-of-Vacations-Past-Nodilbert.