• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ballyhoogrill

Beach Lover
Aug 2, 2011
So, it has been realized recently that Ballyhoo has struggled to make an identity for itself. There has been much confusion as to what Ballyhoo is. Is it a bar? A Restaurant? A family dining establishment? A karaoke joint? No one really knows!!

That being the case, I decided it is time to identify the place!!

Ballyhoo, from now on, is your favorite place to hang out! It's the bar that let's you play beer pong, cornhole, etc. It's the place you want to go on Friday night to hear awesome live music and come back to on Saturday to sing a few karaoke tracks!! It's a don't care attitude having, beer drinking good time and everyone is invited!!

In short, Ballyhoo is a BAR!!

If you want to go out and have a good time and not worry about your more "sophisticated" friends seeing you funneling a beer, Ballyhoo is your new home!!

Come on out and give us another try!!

Ballyhoogrill

Beach Lover
Aug 2, 2011
Teresa,

Thanks for the question!!

We have been told we have the "Best Burgers on 30A" so we will not stop serving food ever!! We are revamping our menu and as soon as it is finished we will post it online for everyone to see!! We have some really awesome ideas in the works!!

However, if your question is whether or not we are family oriented/kid friendly the answer is....maybe!! Essentially, if you bring your children to the "Hole in the Wall" bar in town and they happen to hear a curse word or two from one of the patrons, we can't be responsible for that.

Though we don't necessarily encourage that type of behavior around children or anyone else for that matter we can't stop a grown adult from saying what he wants to say in our establishment.

This whole post originated due to a comment on our Google Places page that said "not a family place." We have families in here all the time and they have a great time, so feel to bring your children. The point is, this is a bar and if someone doesn't feel comfortable in that situation we can't promise that they will be completely satisfied with our establishment.

I hope this clarifies for you what is going on here at Ballyhoo and we hope that if anyone is looking to have a good time at a bar and not just sit around and drink like most places on this road that they would give us a try!!

Ballyhoogrill

Beach Lover
Aug 2, 2011
Let me say that we aren't trying to scare people away here. We are simply trying to find our identity. We are not going to scare kids or make them wait in the car. We just want to be a fun place for locals to hang out and drink, and maybe the non locals too!!

salidaco

Beach Lover
Aug 13, 2007
Are you offering free cab's home? Sounds like a place to go and get smashed. Note to self "Stay off 30A close to Ballyhoos"

wesman70

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2011
Miramar Beach
I must say, as a local who likes a place to eat, drink, socialize, and hang out without the social requirements of some place with a tilde or accent on the last letter of its name; or even the pretentiousness of a realtor's convention (no offense realtors) , Ballyhoo is a really cool place.

If you are one of those who always worries about what others think of you, then Ballyhoo may not be the place for you...at least I don't want you there because I have a tendency to steer away from superficial BS and those who participate in it. I do not own, operate or even work for Ballyhoo, but I consider it MY hangout.

Then again, it might be a great place for you because you can be loved regardless of what you are pretending to be…there are no judgments’ and the people are real.

All social statuses, all vocations, and cross sections of America walk up that sandy ramp. I have seen everything from Tag Heuers and Rolexes to Seiko’s and Timex’s in this place (Obscure reference to monetary status). Everyone gets along, has a good time, and ends up being friends before their visit is through.

I have yet to find any other locals hangout that can make these claims.

It reminds me of Awful Arthur's in Key West. It's a Bar with great "easy" food, decent entertainment, and a friendly local’s atmosphere. Prices are reasonable and the majority of the crowd is usually local.

Slim, the new Ballyhoo'er in Charge, has taken great strides to elevate the standards of the food, the service, the entertainment, and the clientele...but it still maintains that "NO shoe's required feel" (Notice I said "feel". Please wear your flops)

I have eaten; played and hung out there a great deal since Slim has taken over running the place back in late June. It has become a place where everyone knows my name (not to be cliche' about it), and I love this Bar!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Are you offering free cab's home? Sounds like a place to go and get smashed. Note to self "Stay off 30A close to Ballyhoos"

be nice!:nono1::D

We love the burgers at Ballyhoos and enjoy lunch as a family! Just wanted to be sure you still have burgers and fries!

Last edited:

Ballyhoogrill

Beach Lover
Aug 2, 2011
be nice!:nono1::D

We love the burgers at Ballyhoos and enjoy lunch as a family! Just wanted to be sure you still have burgers and fries!

Yes ma'am we do!! We have some really awesome ideas that we are about to implement, as I said previously, also. I'm really excited about them and hope that everyone will come by and try 'em out!!

Bring the kids on by, we won't bite!!

Ballyhoogrill

Beach Lover
Aug 2, 2011
I must say, as a local who likes a place to eat, drink, socialize, and hang out without the social requirements of some place with a tilde or accent on the last letter of its name; or even the pretentiousness of a realtor's convention (no offense realtors) , Ballyhoo is a really cool place.

If you are one of those who always worries about what others think of you, then Ballyhoo may not be the place for you...at least I don't want you there because I have a tendency to steer away from superficial BS and those who participate in it. I do not own, operate or even work for Ballyhoo, but I consider it MY hangout.

Then again, it might be a great place for you because you can be loved regardless of what you are pretending to be…there are no judgments’ and the people are real.

All social statuses, all vocations, and cross sections of America walk up that sandy ramp. I have seen everything from Tag Heuers and Rolexes to Seiko’s and Timex’s in this place (Obscure reference to monetary status). Everyone gets along, has a good time, and ends up being friends before their visit is through.

I have yet to find any other locals hangout that can make these claims.

It reminds me of Awful Arthur's in Key West. It's a Bar with great "easy" food, decent entertainment, and a friendly local’s atmosphere. Prices are reasonable and the majority of the crowd is usually local.

Slim, the new Ballyhoo'er in Charge, has taken great strides to elevate the standards of the food, the service, the entertainment, and the clientele...but it still maintains that "NO shoe's required feel" (Notice I said "feel". Please wear your flops)

I have eaten; played and hung out there a great deal since Slim has taken over running the place back in late June. It has become a place where everyone knows my name (not to be cliche' about it), and I love this Bar!

Thanks for loving the bar!! We really appreciate it and hope that other people will realize how awesome this place is!!

Like Wes said, if you are looking for a place to be yourself and not worry about what the rest of the world thinks about you stop on by!!