• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

nolaAB

Beach Comber
May 24, 2010
New Orleans, LA
They are looking to leave it overnight Friday and Saturday. They want to be able to ride it out to the beach and were staying in seagrove just pass cassine station.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
They are looking to leave it overnight Friday and Saturday. They want to be able to ride it out to the beach and were staying in seagrove just pass cassine station.

Not gonna happen. No passes from bay to beach anywhere near there and launching the vehicle from the beach is either illegal or frowned upon. Leave the thing at home and if you need a speed fix you can go rent one over in Destin or Okaloosa Island.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Walton County Ordinance Sec. 22-41. Vehicle/vessel regulation.

(2) Jet ski regulation. No person shall operate a jet ski in excess of idle speed;

a. Closer than 750 feet perpendicular from the water's edge except to go to and from the shore and except in a vessel corridor designated under subsection (b)(3) hereof nor shall proceed to that portion of the Gulf or Bay beyond 750 feet at a speed greater than necessary to effectively traverse the surf condition;

b. In an unsafe, reckless or careless manner endangering the life, limb or property of any person.

c. In the bayous of the Choctawhatchee Bay.

d. No commercial jet ski operations will be permitted from Topsail Hill to the Bay County line.

e. No jet ski will be allowed to launch from county or state owned properties or parks, located on the Gulf of Mexico.

f. Jet skis are prohibited in coastal dune lakes, including that portion of Lake Powell located with Walton County.

nolaAB

Beach Comber
May 24, 2010
New Orleans, LA
Wow hold on a minute I DID NOT bring it. I won't even get on one. I'm on a house w/a bunch of first timers and wanted to prevent them from driving to destin b/c my happy 30a self refuses to leave 30A proper.
They can go to destin, but I'll be staying here.
Thanks for the info, I'll quite worrying about them now.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Lake Powell has lots of jet skiers--there is no access between the lake and the gulf though.

We built a garage at our home, thinking about buying a small boat. Our daughter's ex-boyfriend had 4 Sea Doos, so he brought them down one week. We launched them in the bay off 331 a couple of times. No facilities or amenities. Pretty boring. So we never did that again.

This is not the place to be if you're into boating. You need to be in Destin or Perdido Key or Hilton Head or somewhere else.

Our best friends own several condos at the Destin marina and a compound of several houses on the bay side. We've had some fun times with them going back and forth between the Gulf and the bay.

We almost bought a home with a dock at Perdido Key where the homes have docks on the bay and they go to dinner via their boats. Pretty cool. But you have to cross a 4-lane highway to get to the beach unless you have one of those homes that is scarily close to the Gulf in terms of elevation.

So we bought in South Walton County. Hubby who is from Madison, WI, with all of the beautiful lakes there, misses the boating life. But the beaches in South Walton trump that. Even though every time we cross the 331 bridge he is sad about the lack of boats on the bay, we have no regrets.

Last edited: