• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Grand Isle is wonderful- my mother is a "snowbird" there in the winter. The 3 bedrooms are the way to go- very spacious. There are 2 restaurants downstairs, Flip Flops (breakfast, burgers,etc) and Seagrove Coyote/La Botana (more Latin menu, fantastic breakfast and lunch, great wine- one of my favorites on 30A). Beach access right across street. The place is immaculate-the owner/developer is there every morning with his leaf blower, not a leaf out of place!

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
The place is immaculate-the owner/developer is there every morning with his leaf blower, not a leaf out of place!

That is so funny! We used to live near the owner and joked with him about how he used his leaf blower twice a day for his own yard! He is a perfectionist and a very nice guy. I agree with jdarg - great location and very nice building.

Grand Isle is in a great location. Close to Seaside. Close to an access. Not hard to cross 30A there. Flip-Flops and Seagrove Coyote/La Botana serve very good food. If you have a choice, choose the western side over the eastern side. The pool is on the eastern side, and you know how sound broadcasts from a pool. That being said, as often as we go to Grand Isle to eat, there's rarely anyone in the pool. The building blocks the sun for a lot of the day, so that's not good for people trying to get a tan.

If I were thinking about buying there and interested in tanning, I'd check out the sun availabilty at the pool. Owners there, please chime in with your experiences of that.

cobbarella

Beach Lover
Jun 2, 2012
Alabama
kind of figured pool would not be too sunny.....not interested in tanning but like access to beach, having a pool, location, etc