• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I'll take a stab at this one. Us, the taxpayers!

You just brightened up! You're exactly right. Though we may not be paying for Ms. Harris's attorney, we are surely paying for the BCC's.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
While the light bulbs are burning does anyone understand why people in government are allowed to spend our money to defend against policies or regulations that they violated? What prevents these problems from happening again and again? How do we educate the voters to vote for the person and not the party?

Annie66

Beach Lover
Mar 21, 2012
Seagrove Beach
Transparency is an empty political buzz word. The truth is that our elected officials aren't accountable to anyone and key decisions are made behind closed doors. I've tried to get information that should be available but officials have simply chosen to ignore my requests. And with the little political in crowed scratching each others' backsides it isn't likely to change. Thank goodness there are people with the guts and means to challenge these worthless hick politicians.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Transparency is an empty political buzz word. The truth is that our elected officials aren't accountable to anyone and key decisions are made behind closed doors. I've tried to get information that should be available but officials have simply chosen to ignore my requests. And with the little political in crowed scratching each others' backsides it isn't likely to change. Thank goodness there are people with the guts and means to challenge these worthless hick politicians.

File a FOIA request...that will get someones attention.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
You might try this:

The First Amendment Foundation
336 East College Avenue, Suite 101
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
Ph. (850)224-4555 Fax:sosad:850)224-0435 www.floridafaf.org

Barbara Peterson put on a wonderful seminar last week at NW Florida college extention. She could possibly help.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I would implore you to reconsider not voting. I believe public apathy and low voter turnout and participation at our BCC meetings is a major reason we have non-responsive officials. We need to redouble our efforts and get more citizens involved. I would cite the Tea Party impact on the 2010 elections as a great example of being heard when we combine our voices.