• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seagrovestateofmind

Beach Lover
Mar 9, 2012
Hoover AL and Seagrove Fl
Can I get some feedback? Have driven by many times and never stopped in. Heading back down in a couple of weeks and I am trying to figure out somewhere new to visit.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Can I get some feedback? Have driven by many times and never stopped in. Heading back down in a couple of weeks and I am trying to figure out somewhere new to visit.

It is exceedingly popular among families with litters of loud squirming children and people who want to gorge on frozen crab legs. I would leave it to those cohorts. If you have not tried Local Catch yet, I would suggest that as a spot to try first. Or if you want a loud place where the food is actually pretty good, take a trip to Dusty's in PCB.

Seagrovestateofmind

Beach Lover
Mar 9, 2012
Thanks folks. Love Local Catch. It's on my every visit list. Any thoughts on places from Seagrove east to Inlet? Seems like I usually go west. Typically grab a grouper sandwich at Seagrove Market. Added Flip Flops and Cowgirl Kitchen a couple of weeks ago. Tried Old Florida Fish House, but not impressed for the $'s.

dragonfly8201

Beach Comber
Mar 29, 2012
Unfortunately Seagrove Market is going up on price and down on quality and portions. Can't give any other recommendations for a good grouper sandwich.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
My suggestion is as follows:

If you order grouper in the restaurant......make sure it's grouper! You'd be suprised...........

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Would Shorty's have a grouper sandwich? Does the Red Bar have one at lunch time? We'll soon find out...counting down...5 days...Ellen

Seagrovestateofmind

Beach Lover
Mar 9, 2012
Shorty's does have a grilled or blackened grouper sandwich. Has been good most of the time (dried out one time, but they corrected it). Love their fries as well, but some folks don't like coated fries. Shorty's used to be our standing early arrive lunch place. Give them a try. I know we have been in enough that they now recognize us and our order. :cool:

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We'll give Shorty's a try again. Thanks. Thought the same about Seagrove Market our visit in June. Teeny tiny salad. But with the price of everything today, restaurants have to probably raise prices a tiny, then reduce portions a bit, then raise prices a bit again.....Probably more challenging for locally owned restaurants than almost any other business. Ellen