• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

nolachic

Beach Comber
May 5, 2010
Hey ya'll,
We're finally heading to our paradise of 30A. I received an email from realtor saying hwy 331 will be heavily congested on Saturday, which I do remember, so I was wondering if anyone knows of another route we are heading over from New Orleans. Is the the water clear $of june grass and or seaweed? Can't wait! :thanks:

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We come from Louisville but enjoy the Pensacola route. Go through the beach, then the park, Navarre, Fort Walton, Destin, etc. You have to go through 98 but it's a scenic route that we enjoy stopping along the way. There's a Stinkys at Navarre. Of course, if you want to travel fast, take 10 to 331 and you wont be on it that long. Or leave the day before, spend the night, and arrive earlier than most. We like the journey:). Ellen

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Don't pay any attention. There is no june grass. There is some sargassum, but it isn't everywhere. I had a wonderful swim yesterday and today. Water is very clear and warm. So far, no jellies either.
Sargassum is a lot of fun. Get a bucket and shake a big clump into it and chances are good you will get to see some of the tiny creatures that live in it. Kurt has a link on here somewhere to a really good article about sargassum. Be happy when you see it. :clap:

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
The question is.........would you rather stay at home.....or come to paradise and take a chance on touching a little Sargassum weed............ the answer is up to you.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Sargassum: plentiful in some places, sparse to non-existent in others...one must venture, grasshopper, to find the truly crystal waters...

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Removing it is costly, and more damaging to the natural environment than most of us want. It's natural, it's temporary, it's the way life on the beach is suppose to be.