• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
My Ragle for superintendent sign was stolen this afternoon from my property at Windswept on Clubhouse Drive. If someone comes forward with a name or information leading to the thief, there's a reward of $100. If it leads to a conviction of the thief, there's a $500 reward. Call 502-0012.

Thrilling

Beach Comber
Aug 24, 2012
I think I understand how you feel. I have had my Anderson for Superintendent signs stolen as well. While we support different candidates, it is disheartening for both of us.

Last edited by a moderator:

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Received a call today. It seems that one of the residents here removed the sign becaused it had been vandalized with paint. It's really sad that we have people among us that resort to vandalism to disagree with a person's support for a candidate. I understand that some other Democrats' signs were taken down. I think it's time for some of my fellow Republicans to get a grip.

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
I prefer to sit on the sidelines with respect to this particular part of the forum however making a general statement that seems to imply that "Republicans need to get a grip" leads to a presumption that Republicans are responsible for the sign theft. I always thought there were other political parties outside of the elephants and donkeys. It's downright immature for anyone to deface a political sign in someone else's yard or property- The bottom line is we all live in a great country and we do have free speech and a choice - If you like the process then exercise your right to vote- If you dont like where things are headed then vote out all incumbents!

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Note that I said 'my fellow Republicans' since I'm registered to vote as a Republican. I actually consider myself a Libertarian but some of the superintendent's supporters have been childish on this very board with petty criticism about Mrs. Ragle not having a silly unreadable disclaimer on her first batch of signs. Mrs. Ragle has never run for office and she admits to not knowing about the little stupid rules that veteran politicians are familiar with. That being said I find it petty and childish for anyone to remove or deface a sign which is an insult not only to the candidate but the person who displays the sign. It makes no difference which side you're on. I applaud anyone who has the guts to run against our entrenched politicians who have the advantage of having big campaign financing from the power brokers. And for the record, I did vote against ALL incumbents at all levels.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I prefer to sit on the sidelines with respect to this particular part of the forum however making a general statement that seems to imply that "Republicans need to get a grip" leads to a presumption that Republicans are responsible for the sign theft. I always thought there were other political parties outside of the elephants and donkeys. It's downright immature for anyone to deface a political sign in someone else's yard or property- The bottom line is we all live in a great country and we do have free speech and a choice - If you like the process then exercise your right to vote- If you dont like where things are headed then vote out
all incumbents!

Yea J.P. vote out all the incumbents, all by yourself.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Our 5th grade daughter told us an interesting story today- one of her classmates shared that he and his mom picked up and threw aside (on the ground) an Obama sign and replaced it with a Romney sign. Classy lesson to teach your kid!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It certainly isn't a classy lesson to teach your kid by any stretch of the imagination. To be fair, however, to believe it doesn't happen on both sides of the aisle is to belie reality.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It certainly isn't a classy lesson to teach your kid by any stretch of the imagination. To be fair, however, to believe it doesn't happen on both sides of the aisle is to belie reality.

I didn't say it didn't happen on both sides, just shared a first hand knowledge experience. I will have a hard time looking at these parents in the future.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
There was an election several years ago in which the local candidate I supported did not win. The morning after the election, I drove up the dirt part of E. Point Washington to retrieve the signs I had placed. Imagine my surprise when the signs were already gone, including the ones on my brother's property and my cousin's property near our mailbox...and several fellow Sowallers in my 'hood were absolutely ecstatic that he had lost. Oddly, all of the other political signs were still in place.

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I never was able to figure out who did it.