• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Walton County Superintendent of Education Carlene Anderson has hired Alexis Tibbits, former Superintendent of Okaloosa County Schools to replace Rosemary Ragle. As most of you may already know, Carlene Anderson had the locks changed on Rosemary Ragle's door first thing in the morning after the election, before Mrs. Ragle reported to work. She did not even have the decency to talk to Mrs. Ragle before changing the lock to her office or to tell her she was being replaced as ESE Coordinator. Both Carlene and Alexis contributed to each others campaign, it appears they were hedging their bets, buying access to another job in case of defeat ? I'm not being slanderous, and no I can't prove that, but it sure smells fishy.
No one has to reply that I'm only posting this because I don't like Ms. Anderson, I'll say it, I don't, and I think she is a lousy Superintendent. Thats my opinion, what yours ?

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
Replacing the ESE Coordinator midyear is... wait for it... wait for it... ill-advised?

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Via WZEP Dec. 6- WCSD To Hire For Retiring Ewing

"The Walton County School District has been working through applications for a replacement for the retiring Mark Ewing. Ewing is one of several Curriculum Coordinators, a position title recently approved by the Board to cover a number of job duties. The applications have been received and a three member team will rank them and present the list to Superintendent Carlene Anderson. Anderson should make a recommendation of the topped rank to the Board. Former Okaloosa School Superintendent and principal Alexis Tibbets is one of the applicants.

Anderson says she expects to have a recommendation based on the review team to the Board at the December 18th meeting. The pick will be on the personnel recommendations. At this time it is unknown who the top ranked person will be."

I just requested confirmation of this information this afternoon.-AL

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Via WZEP Dec. 6- WCSD To Hire For Retiring Ewing

"The Walton County School District has been working through applications for a replacement for the retiring Mark Ewing. Ewing is one of several Curriculum Coordinators, a position title recently approved by the Board to cover a number of job duties. The applications have been received and a three member team will rank them and present the list to Superintendent Carlene Anderson. Anderson should make a recommendation of the topped rank to the Board. Former Okaloosa School Superintendent and principal Alexis Tibbets is one of the applicants.

Anderson says she expects to have a recommendation based on the review team to the Board at the December 18th meeting. The pick will be on the personnel recommendations. At this time it is unknown who the top ranked person will be."

I just requested confirmation of this information this afternoon.-AL

Thank you Alicia. This is what I heard as well.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
There are obviously enough voters in Walton County who are satisfied with the unethical and in some cases, illegal activity by Anderson. And here's another little something that's going to happen in the not too distant future. The charter school's charter is coming up for renewal in a few months. The corporation that operates the charter school, the Rader Group contributed to Anderson's campaign. Anderson will recommend that the charter be renewed. The board will rubber stamp it. But let's face it, in Walton County and most of Florida for that matter, ethics is whatever you can get away with.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Tibbets also interviewed for a job at NWFSC. According to someone who went to her job talk for the position, she managed to pretty much take the opposite position on a couple of key issues that the current administration holds pretty dear in her talk, and she was not offered the job.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Follow the money. Anderson also was on the receiving end of at least $6000 from Jay Odom in 2008. You know the six million dollar hangar man and the developer of Hammock Bay and the park out there. But some people will vote for one party regardless of how corrupt they might be. Look at Jesse Jackson Jr. The only difference between the voters in that Chicago district and some of the voters in Walton County is the voting blocs are on opposite extremes.