• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sonjawave

Beach Comber
Apr 1, 2013
We'll be staying at Seacrest in May for a weeks vacation. We didn't take any hikes last time, so we're very ignorant about areas to avoid. I have seen/heard about snakes, wild hogs, and a pix of alligator. While hiking mid-May, should there be any concerns for us to keep in mind?

Also, I read about needing to shuffle your feet to alert rays that may be under sand along the shore, is this done all the time?

Thank you.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Just use common sense when hiking. Watch where you walk and stay on trails. Snakes are part of the landscape and they are more afraid of you than you are of them. Hogs and bears are less common and you probably will not see them while on the trails. Same with walking in the surf, just watch were you step. Sometimes stingrays are close to shore to mate certain times of the year, so it is obvious they are around, it would be a good time to shuffle your feet at those times. Normally it is not necessary. Relax, use your head and have funn!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
We'll be staying at Seacrest in May for a weeks vacation. We didn't take any hikes last time, so we're very ignorant about areas to avoid. I have seen/heard about snakes, wild hogs, and a pix of alligator. While hiking mid-May, should there be any concerns for us to keep in mind?

Also, I read about needing to shuffle your feet to alert rays that may be under sand along the shore, is this done all the time?

Thank you.

Forget about all those animals. Be wary for Homo sapiens adolescens on golf carts and Homo sapiens atlantahousewifinsuvdrunkonpinkwineicus .