• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kayakjoe22

Beach Crab
We have finally bought property in South Walton(on Hogtown Bayou east of cessna park)
i have been a regular visitor since the mid 70s. We camp at grayton and topsail 8-10 times a year. we are looking foward now to being there even more frequently and eventually relocating for good

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
We have finally bought property in South Walton(on Hogtown Bayou east of cessna park)
i have been a regular visitor since the mid 70s. We camp at grayton and topsail 8-10 times a year. we are looking foward now to being there even more frequently and eventually relocating for good

:welcome: :sowal:

kayakjoe22

Beach Crab
:welcome:

What was it like in the 70s?

we had friends who bought a house in Seagrove two or three blocks inland from 30a between seagrove market and where seaside is now. we also occasionally stayed at the old seagrove villas motel. i was around 10-12 at the time so details are sketchy. i can remember riding our bikes to get cokes and candy at the store in seagrove. we would play in the woods where seaside is now. you could ride your bike down 30a and fish on the little bridges over western lake. even in the middle of summer there would be very little traffic. i wish i had been a little older to have truly appreciated it for how it was then. i love it now but it was something else back then

joe

beachbarnacle

Beach Lover
Mar 15, 2013
We bought a house over there too, right by Cessna Park that we are renting out. The area is looking really good lately... Also can't wait to move there soon!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
we had friends who bought a house in Seagrove two or three blocks inland from 30a between seagrove market and where seaside is now. we also occasionally stayed at the old seagrove villas motel. i was around 10-12 at the time so details are sketchy. i can remember riding our bikes to get cokes and candy at the store in seagrove. we would play in the woods where seaside is now. you could ride your bike down 30a and fish on the little bridges over western lake. even in the middle of summer there would be very little traffic. i wish i had been a little older to have truly appreciated it for how it was then. i love it now but it was something else back then

joe

aahhhhhhhh . . . golden!