• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
As he went in the exit side of Seaside. Americans. You got to love them. (We like getting a glass of wine at Modica and people watch from the bench across from Pickles- hey we're easily amused:). Love our trips down here - were back. Vue was a lovely lunch before checkin spot today. We will have to add that to our 30A ritual. Very nicely done and welcoming from everyone. Ellen

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
What is it with these golf cart renters? I work in Rosemary Beach, and the guy in the upstairs rental parked in what is basically the back hallway to our back door, then helped himself to the electrical outlet in our utility closet. Of course we had to walk sideways to scootch around him, forget UPS or FedEx making a delivery, so we called and complained. I happened to be out back when he was moving the darn thing, grumbling and grousing. He asked me "Well, where am I supposed to park it?" . Um, a parking spot, like a car? Or a golf course? Just not anywhere you darn well please Mr. Low Rent Manners?

My other favorite golf cart a$$hat renter parked the cart right in front of the public access at 395 and 30A. That access is so tiny, about as big as a golf cart, so basically it blocked the access for everybody else. Nice.

So much tacky golf cart behavior this summer. I have heard from some reliable sources that there are talks of banning them in 2 of the larger resort communities thanks to all the headaches.

Last edited:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
This type of behavior is to be expected, and had been predicted early on, and will only get worse as more tourons show up. Businesses that rent these things and then take no responsibility are only interested in money and not their impact on the community at large. I hope that more communities take the position that they are not welcome, I only wish the County could do something about this continuing and escalating problem ( issue no more permits for this type of business and revoke those that come up for renewal. ). Any LSV's that are privately owned and registered here should require a special permit with a hefty impact fee ($500/yr).

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
If you're not on a golf course, it's now an electric car. That is so simple. I think people think back to the days at the amusement parks when you're finally tall/old enough to drive one of the cars:). They're reliving their youth. Back home they do the same thing in Norton Commons. They drive down the wrong way; the serious cyclists don't stop at stop signs.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
What would we complain about if they banned golf carts?

Turdist
Traffic
Crap left on the beach overnight
Snowbirds
Bike Riders
Private Beach A-holes
Lousy food service
Overcrowded Beaches
Spring Breakers
need I continue???? :cool:

ktape

Beach Comber
Sep 25, 2007
When some one drunk or too young or too careless gets killed or badly injured we'll enforce some laws, otherwise forget it, no one will do anything. The truth is, no bike or golf cart belongs on 30a, it is dangerous, inconsiderate, frustrating and inconvenient. This is a clear example of the rights of a few disrespecting the needs of the many.
This from someone whose business depend entirely on the tourist trade.

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
This is one touron who wouldn't mind at all if golf carts were banned,if walking into traffic while texting was banned.I now know pedestrians don't have to look either way when crossing a busy street and that I as a driver of a car must not run over them,but I've seen some a slight bump,oh well , fall is not far off and once I get there I plan to park my rear on the beach.

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
Last night, I was dining at 723. Reader, I $#!+ you not... A Ford F150 with 5 passengers in the back box (2 sitting on the rails) came flying by at about 35 miles an hour. Wheee!

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
That is unbelievable! You need to call Rosemary Beach Security or your building's association manager.