• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
We have a non-rental home in WaterSound. I have a broken foot. Even I can ride a bike to Seaside. WaterSound is very social, but not for kids seeking drugs and alcohol. Seaside is the epicenter for where the drugs are going down. Just watch what is happening near the bike parking areas in Seaside, and you'll see all of the drug deals. If I am able to ride a bike to Seaside from WaterSound, so can a kid whose family is renting in WaterSound and wants to get to Seaside and find drugs or alcohol.

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
I really don't see the attraction for Seaside ,it has lost the quaintness it once had,just too busy for the kind of vacation I look for.I still love Sundog's, just wish there was another one a bit west of Seaside.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
As an indication of how JOE's rental program is going, I am getting daily emails advertising 30% off of spring break rentals from JOE. Our friends that rent through them do not have a single spring break week rented for the entire season.

I've seen spring special emails from every rental company in town.. It's what they do this time of year for some, but not all, of their properties.. It is a marketing tool for kicking off the season every year.

DebbieJames

Beach Lover
Feb 20, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
I understand the guests can't use the beach club (if they rent thru an outside company), but are they allowed to use any of the pools/amenities in Watercolor/Watersound, tennis, etc?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
According to the property appraiser's website the pools and tennis courts are owned by the Watercolor Community Association. According to state statute common areas owned by the association cannot be restricted and are available to both owners and their guests. Even if said owner is behind in association dues.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
I understand the guests can't use the beach club (if they rent thru an outside company), but are they allowed to use any of the pools/amenities in Watercolor/Watersound, tennis, etc?

For all current Watersound Beach club members, whom paid $20,000 for their memberships, are now having their guests denied access to the Watersound Beach club unless they fire their existing rental management companies and hire Joe to rent their homes. For those that have made the change to Joe, they are suffering from a lack of spring break rentals because Joe refuses to use VRBO as a marketing tool. Those that are not using Joe have experienced very heavy spring break rentals.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Coondog, the Watersound Beach Club is a privately owned club and is not considered a common area or amenity. Joe has every right to restrict access.

I'm pretty sure the Santa Rosa Beach Club wouldn't allow people to offer use of their membership to rental guests either.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Coondog, the Watersound Beach Club is a privately owned club and is not considered a common area or amenity. Joe has every right to restrict access. I'm pretty sure the Santa Rosa Beach Club wouldn't allow people to offer use of their membership to rental guests either.
SRGC allows member to make tee times for friends/guest at a discount even if member isn't playing.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
Coondog, the Watersound Beach Club is a privately owned club and is not considered a common area or amenity. Joe has every right to restrict access.

I'm pretty sure the Santa Rosa Beach Club wouldn't allow people to offer use of their membership to rental guests either.

Until several months ago, guests of members, including renters had access to the Watersound Beach Club. Those same guests are now banned unless you hire Joe to manage your property for 30% of the gross with the renters charged another 10% as an amenity fee.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Until several months ago, guests of members, including renters had access to the Watersound Beach Club. Those same guests are now banned unless you hire Joe to manage your property for 30% of the gross with the renters charged another 10% as an amenity fee.

Right...

So what's the issue? It's a private business and ultimately a private club.