• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What's the elevation of Butler Elementary School? Is it not subject to storm surge?

No, we get surge like that and the panhandle will look like Hiroshima.

Isn't the land they are considering buying next to a private hunting preserve?

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
setting aside your obvious petty jealousies, don't they have to purchase property from the people who own it?
and between MC Davis and St. Joe they own most of the worthwhile available parcels in our area. This one, as you might have read, is one of the only truly dry high parcels of that size in the entire area.

are you disputing that they need it or that they are buying it from "certain people" and not Gomer down at the fillin' station?

Who is Weenie jealous of?

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
Who is Weenie jealous of?

Actually, the rich people I tend to be jealous of are folks like Jay Leno who has a fabulous car and motorcycle collection. I have little interest in owning hundreds of thousands of acres of land and being able to give money to redneck politicians. I would love to have a dozen or so old cars and motorcycles that were built before the government started meddling in vehicle design.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
It must be time for the BCC to buy some land. I noticed that Sara Commander has already received a contribution from you know who.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I can understand buying the land now because raw land prices don't seem likely to go down any time soon. But could they actually afford to staff the school given the school district's current funding issues?

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I can't believe that there is only one parcel of land suitable for a school. Exactly who decided what the specifications were and exactly how much is the school district paying for the property. This deal doesn't pass the smell test in my mind.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
If those that happen to own the land that is situated in the best location and meeting other factors, like not being flood prone, has none or minimal wetlands, is accessible and is for sale I think it has to be purchased. If not there, where?

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I can't help but wonder what Davis plans to do with the 1.2 million acres he owns in Nevada. Maybe he has a deal cooking with Harry Reid to sell it to the Feds.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
I can't help but wonder what Davis plans to do with the 1.2 million acres he owns in Nevada. Maybe he has a deal cooking with Harry Reid to sell it to the Feds.

you should really look into that and it's applicability to the new local school purchase, probably something to do with the UN