• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Davis uses a bunch of different companies and other entities that each contribute $500 to skirt the law limiting individual contributions. Jay Odom used to use the same "strategy" to contribute thousands to his favorite Walton County candidates. One of the many holes in the law.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Same old same old. Nothing will change in this county.

It is not just this county that is the problem. It is as, WaltonParent said, the whole financing system for our elections at all levels of government. A great candidate without financial support cannot run for office at any level of our government. This needs to be changed and normal, working people allowed to run instead of just the fiscally solvent.

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
As I've stated before, I find it unethical for candidates to accept money from people who do business with the county. That's my opinion and my personal conviction. On this forum, unless your thinking is "acceptable" you are subject to attacks, being called paranoid, jealous and other colorful put downs. Interesting.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
I've been on enough forums to know that those who complain on a forum about how others act on the forum stick out like a sore thumb. They rarely have anything to contribute except cries of persectution. They act the same offline.

Seems like the only opinions they have is the opinion that everyone are against them. You have to put up or shut up.

I remember when this forum leaned to the left and now it swings right. Same complaints, different flag. :boxing:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
All candidates have rules (laws) to follow with regards to campaign contributions.

Yet only one failed to fulfill their obligation. Only one and no media report on it. Nice thank you ad in the Heard / Breeze however...

No one seems to recognize the hypocrisy in this. The, "I was too busy knocking on doors", B.S. doesn't cut it.

When one reviews the donors that were conveniently omitted at the final hour, one sees something interesting. I do. Anyone else? A thumbs up would be appropriate.

However, I am aware you can lead a horse (even a stubborn one) to water, but you can't make it drink. Some are so stubborn that they eventually die of starvation / hydration. Its sad to watch.

Others choose to " forgive" an oversight for personal gain. While others don't want to talk about their endorsed candidates failure to disclose.

Kudos to you. (Sarcastic)...

You won.